Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Financial Statement/Fees 2014/2015

Options
  • 20-07-2014 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi,

I received an email from TCD to say that my my.tcd financial statement had been updated for the upcoming academic year.

I am going into the third year of my studies, and commencement/graduation fees amounting to €135 are appearing on my statement.

I am just wondering is this correct to have to pay this charge in third year/the year prior to graduation, or is it normal procedure?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Yeah that's normal, they started charging the commencement fee in third year a couple of years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

I'm glad I got my degree a few years ago when between Free Fees and the local authority grant it only cost me a couple of hundred a year, from what I see here and from my younger family members there are fees out the ass now. Typical Irish solution "rather than increase base tax rate we'll just add a USC, PRSI and other deductions" "rather than charge tuition fees we'll just put charges on every little itemised thing and increase the student contribution by 100s of %". Everything has to be done cloak-and-dagger instead of having the balls to be upfront and make a decision either way- do we want state-funded third level education for all, or not? That's a hard choice.. let's just fudge it hafway so.

Advertisement