Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12-Jan 2012 onwards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

KD expecting a quiet transfer window. Thats us föcked for fourth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

ush wrote: »

50284_287233710988_7218774_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

amiable wrote: »
    stephen fry and darren clarke:)

Gary Neville and Wayne Rooney RT'd too, as Rio tweeted during the Hillsborough Debate, with something like this, rivalries get put to one side.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It all depends on ones interpretation of the word quiet. I have quiet days in work, doesnt necessarily mean that I dont do anything.

Apparently Sow is stalling on his move to Turkey hoping that something happens with LFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

daithijjj wrote: »
    Gary Neville and Wayne Rooney RT'd too, as Rio tweeted during the Hillsborough Debate, with something like this, rivalries get put to one side.

even Annie eaves dropped her propaganda machine for a few seconds to retweet the petition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Boom_Bap wrote: »

It all depends on ones interpretation of the word quiet. I have quiet days in work, doesnt necessarily mean that I dont do anything.

Apparently Sow is stalling on his move to Turkey hoping that something happens with LFC.

Quiet day at work equals busy day on boards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Quiet day at work equals busy day on boards!

Busy day on Boards for me means an even busier day in work tomorrow .

I can't really hear that Kenny interview correctly (noisy coffee shop) ....did he say "which one " or similar when asked about Texeria ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

mixednuts wrote: »
    I can't really hear that Kenny interview correctly (noisy coffee shop) ....did he say "which one " or similar when asked about Texeria ?

Aye, picked up on that too - "which one" I think.

Ayre on Warrior and what it means re UEFA financial fair play :

http://t.co/dvz8y5gL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Ayre on Warrior and what it means re UEFA financial fair play :

http://t.co/dvz8y5gL
    This is actually the best deal of this window, bar none :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

andersred Andy Green

@noskcajnerrad Can you send me a link to something showing "both owners are close friends"? Thanks.
    9 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

andersred Andy Green
    As I said to @TheRealFbloke StanChart PROVES LFC have "tier 1" appeal to independent companies. When City do such a deal suspicion will end.
    1 hour ago

andersred Andy Green
    For those asking, Nike payment step ups are shown on page 56 of this 2006 MUFC financing document bit.ly/xzlzx6
    1 hour ago

andersred Andy Green

@TheRealFbloke Stan Chart deal PROVES #LFC have "tier 1" appeal to totally independent corps. When City do such a deal suspicion will end.
    1 hour ago

andersred Andy Green

@UtdView 2002 I think.
    1 hour ago

andersred Andy Green

@TheRealFbloke Of course it's not coincidence, FSG know these people but why would Davis, NB or Warrior do uneconomical deal to benefit FSG?
    2 hours ago

andersred Andy Green

@TheRealFbloke I'd say LFC deal prob bigger. NB only signed up in April 2011, not long standing relationship.
    2 hours ago

andersred Andy Green
    That last 5-10yr tweet not pop at #LFC (will save that), but serious point. Stan Chart/Warrior show current appeal > performance. Hard trick
    2 hours ago

andersred Andy Green

@TheRealFbloke I can see no reason whatsoever for a private company with no cross ownership to pay an uncommercial rate. Why would they?
    2 hours ago

andersred Andy Green
    Big question for #LFC is how long they can hold this global appeal in the face of mid table mediocrity.... Another 5-10yrs max maybe?
    2 hours ago

Foxmedicin Anthony Ogley

@andersred #LFC are the 4th shirt sellers in the world. #MCFC the 3rd largest shirt seller in the Northwest of England #difference
    2 hours ago
    Retweeted by andersred

andersred Andy Green

@TheRealFbloke Warrior from Detroit, parent co Boston, not exactly same as club and sponsor being owned by same family is it?
    2 hours ago

andersred Andy Green
    #LFC has truly global appeal + will have comm deals in the top tier for that reason, Stan Chart operates largely in SE/S Asia - appeal clear
    2 hours ago

andersred Andy Green
    Few people trying to draw curious parallels between #Warrior and #Etihad deals. Huge Standard Chartered deal shows how big a brand #LFC are.
    2 hours ago

OliWinton Oli Winton

@andersred Probably no coincidence LFC got new commercial director from Nike not too long ago.
    2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    Retweeted by andersred

andersred Andy Green
    Warrior is a great deal for #LFC. Add in Stan Chart and commercial revenue now c. £77m (details in blog post last yr bit.ly/ltMO1k)
    2 hours ago

A selection of tweets from Andy Green. A MUFC fan who blogs about football finance. Dispels any concerns people have that there is something underhand about the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

mike65 wrote: »
    Even the grauniad are posting about his, slow news day

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/18/liverpool-adidas-kit-deal

I absolutely love that yellow and red jersey. My favorite away jersey for quite some time too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

andersred Andy Green
    Big question for #LFC is how long they can hold this global appeal in the face of mid table mediocrity.... Another 5-10yrs max maybe?
    2 hours ago

He's got that right. The longer the slide continues the less attractive the club becomes to new fans.

This deal is excellent business when you consider 4th place is a tall order this season.

quarryman wrote: »
    He's got that right. The longer the slide continues the less attractive the club becomes to new fans.

This deal is excellent business when you consider 4th place is a tall order this season.

Thats a fair point. One would hope that the massively increased commercial revenue and the impending FFP rules would leave Lfc well positioned to progress over the next ten years. If not then the club will struggle to maintain its status.

Really, on field success must be the ultimate ambition of the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Are we playing a match anytime soon ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Vanolder wrote: »

2 days, apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Thats a fair point. One would hope that the massively increased commercial revenue and the impending FFP rules would leave Lfc well positioned to progress over the next ten years. If not then the club will struggle to maintain its status.

Really, on field success must be the ultimate ambition of the club.

Of any club in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Away match isn't it? Might actually win.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Of any club in fairness.

Well when I say success I'm talking about League Titles, Cups, CL success etc. Thats the level of performance Liverpool might need to maintain their status in World football.

Success for most other clubs doesn't necessarily mean winning trophies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Vanolder wrote: »

What Jersey's do Bolton wear and do they have any connections to John Henry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

lfc_warrior_2012_concept_shirt_by_kitster29-d3idcl9.jpg

Just mock ups i think but lookin forward to see what they will be like, hate the current one tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

i really like them ones

fingers crossed they'll be decent.

anyone any idea as to when they are usually released?

daithijjj wrote: »

Just mock ups i think but lookin forward to see what they will be like, hate the current one tbh.

What ??? ..... no blue and white one ! :P

But for a mock up its pretty impressive ..love the Liver bird on the shoulder .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

What ??? ..... no blue and white one ! :P

But for a mock up its pretty impressive ..love the Liver bird on the shoulder .

I'll be honest, i think the Liver bird on the shoulder looks cheap and nasty. I prefer a more traditional look for our club jersey myself. Something with a decent collar (as football jerseys go) too preferably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I like it, except for Liver bird. I never liked the look of that damn bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

K-9 wrote: »
    Away match isn't it? Might actually win.

Yeah it's a weird situation where I'm more confident of us winning away matches than I am of us at home.

I'll be honest, i think the Liver bird on the shoulder looks cheap and nasty.

Nah im all over that .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'll be honest, i think the Liver bird on the shoulder looks cheap and nasty.

I think it works on the home one and the white one....not so much the black one.

Didn't someone post comments on the old thread from someone who had supposedly seen the concepts of the new jerseys? The home one was supposed to be pretty standard while the away one was fairly out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Love the look of those jerseys. Couple more mock ups here:

WS%252520mock-up%252520kits%25255B6%25255D.png
    scaled.php?server=811&filename=liverpoolwarriorred.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=480
    scaled.php?server=651&filename=liverpoolwarriorblack.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=480
    scaled.php?server=694&filename=liverpoolwarriorwhite.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=480
    scaled.php?server=6&filename=liverpoolwarrioryellow.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=480

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement