Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im repeating and unmotivated again

Options
  • 18-11-2010 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

Hey
    Short and sweet: Im going up and down to my new school, completely avoiding study hall and avoiding homework when I come home. Please help me. Ive alot riding on this. Need 450points, only got 320 last year.

:(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭grinds

You are only around 100 points off so its quite achievable. You obviously want to get the points or you wouldn't be back repeating

You need to set some study time aside every evening and you really have to start taking a few hours every evening in a library... The hardest part is starting off.. once you get into the rhythm it will be alot easier.

You should really start this evening.. Pick a subject. Pick a topic within that subject that you have done recently and go over it until you know it well... then move on. Use the exam papers as a guide and see how it is asked every year.

If you start now you will easily achieve your target with a little work every evening and at the weekends.. But you are going to have to pick somewhere that you are not easily distracted... away from this computer and get into the hait of studying every evening... Some people find it better to study in a room alone while others need to be in a library setting which is often good as you can be encouraged by what you see going on around you..

Anyway just some thoughts
    Good luck!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    Hey
    Short and sweet: Im going up and down to my new school, completely avoiding study hall and avoiding homework when I come home. Please help me. Ive alot riding on this. Need 450points, only got 320 last year.

:(

Remind yourself every day of what it felt like to get 320 points, when you opened it up.
    Then imagine being there again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Structure your days, get off boards a bit (!) as it wastes lots of valuable time and as was said, think of how you felt with your results, should spur you on.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Copy / enlarge your results from last year, and stick it up over your desk and anywhere else you will see it when you are tempted to procrastinate!

:D

Advertisement