Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting up early........

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

the earliest i got up was 8 o clock:p had to cram in that stair na gaelge, think i did pretty well in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

Got up at 6 yesterday, 5 today and takin a rest now by watching the world cup!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

No matter what questions I got asked in my exams, Cramming was and always will be the answer! Hail to the people getting up at 5am ;) Myself Included :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

I'm staying up till 5am lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

dodgystuff wrote: »
    Snap my friend.
    Mega snap.

snap snap :D god...help...me :(
    got up at 4am this morning for irish p2

• Advertisement

fufureida wrote: »
    I'm staying up till 5am lol

any tips for staying awake?:eek: fair play ta ya!

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    any tips for staying awake?:eek: fair play ta ya!

Coffee. And lots of it.

Also don't cry. I probably will.

Coffee. And lots of it.

Also don't cry. I probably will.

Hate the LC!!! :(:( Ill cry too *sniff*
    so screwed 2bh
    But im really tired!!! this week is the worst of my life so far!!!!!:eek:
    F - M - L

Defo repeating id say :(

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Earliest I've been up was 6:30.Have to say cramming really has payed off as most things I crammed came up.Happy to say I won't have to cram again:)well maybe for physics for an hour before the paper but you can't really cram for DCG.The end is finally approaching on the horizon

Hate the LC!!! :(:( Ill cry too *sniff*
    so screwed 2bh
    But im really tired!!! this week is the worst of my life so far!!!!!:eek:
    F - M - L

Defo repeating id say :(

Hun don't feel bad. I might be repeating again.

We are young and make mistakes. What's important is learning from them. Do not bf scared to repeat if you have to. Just make sure you start studying in the summer extensively for at least 1 month.

Seriously do not stress. You aren't doing yourself any favours abd you aren't proving justice to yourself. Learn from your errors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

got up 5 fri / 6 mon / 6 today/ well worth cramming does help

Your allowed be 30mins late for a exam so an exam like OL Irish paper 2 where time is'nt an issue could you study right up to 9.55 and then go in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

Got up at five which wasn't that hard as I was awake at 4.30 thanks to the swallow who decided to sing on my window sill. Boy did he get a shock when I threw my shoe at the window!!:P Fecker depriving me of 30mins sleep!:mad:
    Anyway was totally worth it as most the stuff i did this morning came up!!!:D

Hun don't feel bad. I might be repeating again.

We are young and make mistakes. What's important is learning from them. Do not bf scared to repeat if you have to. Just make sure you start studying in the summer extensively for at least 1 month.

Seriously do not stress. You aren't doing yourself any favours abd you aren't proving justice to yourself. Learn from your errors.

Ill be 20 next april :( kinda age concious haha
    Hate the feeling at the start of the year: i can do anything - 500 points
    NOW - ill be lucky to get 360:(
    I was thinking about repeating and in a PLC that does LC repeat said its a walk in interview and they let u no after how it went.
    that makes me anxious because im soooo not going bk to my s1it hole of a school !!! tut

Ill be 20 next april :( kinda age concious haha
    Hate the feeling at the start of the year: i can do anything - 500 points
    NOW - ill be lucky to get 360:(
    I was thinking about repeating and in a PLC that does LC repeat said its a walk in interview and they let u no after how it went.
    that makes me anxious because im soooo not going bk to my s1it hole of a school !!! tut

I'm 20 right now. And engaged. Was hoping to get married in April but that's ****ed now cus of this dumbass education system. I was hoping to go to Edinbrugh University: do not see it happening.

Do not be age concious just do what I'm gonna do: lie about your age when you are in Uni. I'm gonna be 17 in my first year of Uni.

I was the same: start of year = 500 now I will love 360. Just relax. I worked hard all year but it obviously wasn't enough.

Lol I'm no way in he'll repeating in my **** hole school either... I am gonna go to a repeat program school.
    Im leavibg everything to God. Everything will work out for you and me; don't worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Legend45

know people who are gettin up at 2???madness..dont even know how thats possible?got up at 6 everyday totally wrecked now:(cant wait till its over!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭dodgystuff

Got 4 hours sleep the last two nights

Had Irish 2 and Business yesterday and History and French today. Left sooo much out, took loads of risks and it all worked out pretty well! I wouldn't say brilliantly but satisfied.

Art history left to do. Gonna do a couple hours now, get a good night sleep, get up at 7 or 8 and do the rest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I got up at 6 this morning after working till 11 last night. Worked a treat, everything came up OK and I feel like I did great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Gonna get up at half six tomorrow for Biology. It really does help, everything is fresh in your head. Wouldn't recommend it for a full day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭dodgystuff

Gonna get up at half six tomorrow for Biology. It really does help, everything is fresh in your head. Wouldn't recommend it for a full day though.

You're right. Had 2 full days on such little sleep. Honestly very nearly fell asleep during french today and my speed of writing slowed down loads in history about an hour and a half into it, running out of fuel haha.

Thank god for afternoon exams!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

I'm gonna do it tomorrow and get loads of sleep tomorrow night because there ain't a whole lot I can do for German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

I got up at 6 this morning after working till 11 last night. Worked a treat, everything came up OK and I feel like I did great!

Likewise - it really was worth it but unfortunately I burned myself out for history and can't bring myself to do biology, art, and German! Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 EveBann

dodgystuff wrote: »
    Got 4 hours sleep the last two nights

Had Irish 2 and Business yesterday and History and French today. Left sooo much out, took loads of risks and it all worked out pretty well! I wouldn't say brilliantly but satisfied.

Art history left to do. Gonna do a couple hours now, get a good night sleep, get up at 7 or 8 and do the rest :)

Thats such a tough timetable!I had everything you have except business and i know people who have that with a full day tomorrow too!

Been gettin to bed at around 12 or 1 and getting up at 6 or 7 since Monday..my eyes hurt but it think its been worth it so far..Just one more night and morning of cramming,the 6 days,then freedom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

zam wrote: »
    Likewise - it really was worth it but unfortunately I burned myself out for history and can't bring myself to do biology, art, and German! Oh well.
    Ouch. I've nothing till German now, and I don't really care about German. Then next week I've got Accounting and Chemistry Monday and Tuesday, and App Maths Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Mescaline

Thursday night before Geo + Maths Just couldnt sleep. Got into bed at id say about 12 and lied there ontill 3, listening to myself read out geography essays on my ipod. Tried sleeping with the ipod off.. wasnt happening for me. Got up at 5 and had so much time to spare. had a relaxing bath and breakfast..twice, Trying to sleep first week of exams was awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

yeah im gonna do this tooooooooooo
    ive been studying since 6 and im gonna study after bb then sleep and up at 6 to look over things quickly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

Early night tonight and early morning for bio, mainly to go over Experiments, pretty happy with the rest of the course, will just read over everything a couple of times and hope for nothing too nasty...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 coaster93

Stayed up ALL night for irish paper 2 and business...don't ask how..but i did and wasn't even tired for the exams and also did well :)...came home at 5 though and slept till 11 :D..was totally worth it

thank you coffee/fear :)

I'm 20 right now. And engaged. Was hoping to get married in April but that's ****ed now cus of this dumbass education system. I was hoping to go to Edinbrugh University: do not see it happening.

Do not be age concious just do what I'm gonna do: lie about your age when you are in Uni. I'm gonna be 17 in my first year of Uni.

I was the same: start of year = 500 now I will love 360. Just relax. I worked hard all year but it obviously wasn't enough.

Lol I'm no way in he'll repeating in my **** hole school either... I am gonna go to a repeat program school.
    Im leavibg everything to God. Everything will work out for you and me; don't worry.

Yeah - id die 10 times over then repeat in my s1ithole of a school- they're the reason im in this mess.

And before anyone says "oh it doesnt matter about the school blah blah" WHATEVER! thats how i learn stuff - in a class room situation - then i study it - naturally and until you have yahoos making animal noises and squirting water at eachother EVERYDAY and have teachers who go on facebook refusing to teach - come back to me...

Finished thursday - screwed up bio and french (i was goin for the A in bio) now - ill be lucky to pass . .
    Dunno what happened. Ive worked since 1st yr - and yet, i cant catch a break...espiecally when you see the yahoos who disrupted my learning since primary school walk out of the exam as cool as a breeze saying it was "easy"..

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

Looks like it'll be a five in the morning on Monday again for me.. Physics and accounting!

• Advertisement
Advertisement