Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petrol rip off?

Options
  • 20-01-2012 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Can petrol quality vary? My car usually uses about €60 a week for work etc. However almost two weeks ago I stopped in Meath to put petrol in and it has only just run out. I can hardly believe the difference, especially as I did an extra 200k journey on it.

Does Meath have amazing fuel or am I just used to sub standard rubbish?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Can petrol quality vary? My car usually uses about €60 a week for work etc. However almost two weeks ago I stopped in Meath to put petrol in and it has only just run out. I can hardly believe the difference, especially as I did an extra 200k journey on it.

Does Meath have amazing fuel or am I just used to sub standard rubbish?

you done an extra 200k, ****in hell, wheres this garage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

The difference in air temperature/weather will affect your mpg a bit, there isn't a huge difference in the quality of petrol from garage to garage. What does vary is the way the pumps are calibrated and not giving you the litres you paid for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I don't use apple green as they make my bike misfire. Fact. On a few occasions.

As for mileage. 200k is a mad figure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Just a visitor

darokane wrote: »
    you done an extra 200k, ****in hell, wheres this garage?

between Trim and Navan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

200 km is a lot extra! Were you doing more long Journeys rather than short ones?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

There's a department of Weights and Measures who take messing around by petrol station seriously.
    The government can be very efficient when they suspect they are being cheated. Pity they are not as good in other areas

If you've a concern over your local station then call them OP and they'll likely send someone out to test the place
    http://www.nsai.ie/About-NSAI/Departments/LMS.aspx

Advertisement