Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dance Mat & Game Recommendations

Options
  • 09-01-2004 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭

K, I've a strong urge to get my disco on and I'm looking for recommendations on a dance mat and game. Any format, but I think they're pretty much PS exclusive, aren't they?

Should I go for the cheap as chips Game dance-mat or wha'?

And game-wise, what's the best? Is it just a matter of musical preference or are some games genuinely better than others? Also, is there much difference in the PSOne and PS2 version of the same game?

Your responses are eagerly awaited.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Originally posted by smiaras
    Get dancing stage fever (roughly 44.99) and any dance mat (game one will do , avoid dance uk as it has a specific layout). What you should also do then when your drunk is pick up something like international track & field ps1 and play with the dance mat. You effectively are playing a button basher with a dance mat and are running on the spot as fast as you can, meant to be a great laugh. If you want to go cheaper pick up either of the dancing stage games on ps1. (Dancing stage games are based on the arcade versions)

haha , class smiaras.That's like what I did with the dreamcast.... played crazi taxi whilst ratarsed with the fishing rod! muahaha

carb.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    K, I've a strong urge to get my disco on and I'm looking for recommendations on a ... game.

Real Life.

Its the best game to practice your dancing skills in. Not only do you know instantly if they are good enough but usually to be dancing in a disco you got to be rat faced and so nobody really cares or rememberes.

Its fantastic, id reccomend it as a game. You can practice all you want but the problem is its a real multiplayer game. Real Life isint really a single player game, particually the disco level.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,863 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The japanese Dance Dance revolution games have far better soundtracks than the European and American versions. If you have your PS chipped you should be able to pick them up dirt cheap on the net.

I played FF6 with the dance mat for about an hour. I was chuffed when I pulled off sabins 'capcom fireball' type move on the mat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

It's out now as well for the PC. I saw it in a magazine yesterday. And if you want an extra sweaty workout, play Unreal Tournament with it:D :ninja:

• Advertisement
Advertisement