Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paranormal encounters

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭IamtooGoode

Hopefully a good few people do this and I suggest that in about two weeks time people PM with their experiences (If any) and we will then see if people (who have no contact with each other) have the same experiences and whether these are in line with expected results which I have PM to Maccored

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

A little experiment for our newly arrived skeptics!

Get a hold of a crystal, probably quartz is best, and place it under your pillow at night. It can be a polished round piece of quartz or a small stick of quartz, it wont matter too much. Amethyst is good too. You might have to google to find a shop that sells them in your area. Top of my head I think there is a stall in Grafton Arcade Dublin but I could be mistaken. One or your family or friends might have one to borrow.

Leave it there under your pillow for say two weeks or so and come back and let me know how you got on! This little experiment will surprise skeptics (e.g. my father for one!).

Don't expect to see ghosts or anything but it will illustrate how things that you cannot rationally explain can happen. Obviously I wont say what happens or it will ruin the experiment and if anybody knows keep it under your hat until a few of the skeptics have tried it. Enjoy! I'll PM Maccored with expected results which can be compared to reported actual results.

i'm game. where do i get the right kind of crystal online? please stick to what you said and don't publish your expected results. I won't look up anything about it.

I wont spill the beans and nobody else will either I hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

Ok, please explain what kind of crystal i should be looking for and where to buy from an irish company online.

Depending on where you live I would expect that you could get these crystals in a market, 'New Age' shop (some have closed the past few years) the Angel Shop in Dun Laoghaire but I think they are closed down now :-( if someone finds a shop perhaps they could post to say where they got it, I am not 100% sure online. I think Easons up to recently sold cheap neckless and bands with small crystals (if you cant find them anywhere else)

• Advertisement

Ideally Amethyst or white quartz crystals are best

Riamfada wrote: »
    Ill give this a shot. As a skeptic with an interest. Is this a bit like the princess and the pea?

I dont want people putting peas under their pillows and telling me that it was too 'lumpy' thank you very much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Can I just use white quartz from the the beach?

I guess if you are 100% sure its quartz, yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I hereby swear Im not giving out the data sent to me by IamtooGoode in that PM until the time is up.

• Advertisement

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I'm going to give this a bash.
    Are there any pointers on what to look out for or would that give the game up?

I consider myself as rational as they come, but I will be completely honest if I experience anything. I don't expect to but I would actually love to be surprised. Time will tell

No pointers, keep the crystal under your pillow while you sleep. I say two weeks to give it a chance but I'd expect you will be PM me after a couple of nights with your 'thoughts'! Remember it is only an experiment (which has been tried with success before). The more people who do it the better.

Nobody should post their experiences on the boards until after I have gotten PM from everyone people who tried. I don't want to build it up as experiments don't always go to plan. It cant be uniform i.e. unlikely the same kind of crystal stick / stone will be used by everyone but I am quietly confident.

This is an experiment for fun and curiosity and not intended to 'prove beyond a reasonable doubt the existence of the paranormal' but merely a chance to experience something unusual, possibly intriguing !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A little experiment for our newly arrived skeptics!

Get a hold of a crystal, probably quartz is best, and place it under your pillow at night. It can be a polished round piece of quartz or a small stick of quartz, it wont matter too much. Amethyst is good too. You might have to google to find a shop that sells them in your area. Top of my head I think there is a stall in Grafton Arcade Dublin but I could be mistaken. One or your family or friends might have one to borrow.

Leave it there under your pillow for say two weeks or so and come back and let me know how you got on! This little experiment will surprise skeptics (e.g. my father for one!).

Don't expect to see ghosts or anything but it will illustrate how things that you cannot rationally explain can happen. Obviously I wont say what happens or it will ruin the experiment and if anybody knows keep it under your hat until a few of the skeptics have tried it. Enjoy! I'll PM Maccored with expected results which can be compared to reported actual results.

Could you pm me the results too please?

Yeah sure, but give it a go yourself!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yeah sure, but give it a go yourself!

I will try it but I'm just too impatient to find out whats meant too happen.

I asked witch friend of mine if they had a lend of a quartz crystal to try this out. They told me that since I have asked they are duty bound to provide me with one - which they duly did.
    Que repeated warning texts about the power of the thing and eventually he turns up at my door with a smaller one claiming I wouldn't be able to handle the one he gave me and it could cause damage!:eek::confused::eek::confused:
    Anywho - stuck the smaller one (in the photo) under my pillow and slept like a baby. I'll report back in 2 weeks.

PS:- I ain't fraid of no ghosts :D

Thanks for that, I hope your friend didn't let the cat out of the bag! Thanks for the pic, I'd hate to see the size of the larger one! From the 'warnings' it sounds like it a piece of white Kryptonite….

No, I told him not to tell me anything.
    As for the warnings - he does tend towards the drama queen end of the spectrum so I'd be inclined to take the whole impending doom thing with a very large piece of salt!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭FueledbyCoffee

I just saw this, going to try and get my hands on one. You don't have to hold up results for me though.

You'll probably see what (hopefully happens) after a week. I suggest writing down anything you notice (if anything) as memory can fade after a week or two..

Two weeks up since my original post on crystal experiment, anyone who tried, kindly PM me to let me know what happened and if nothing please PM me anyway and let me know, Thanks...

How did you all get on with the crystals? So far only one has pm'ed me back and interesting response/report back...

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭FueledbyCoffee

I'm sorry it was on my to do list and I forgot. I'm going to order one online tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

No, I told him not to tell me anything.
    As for the warnings - he does tend towards the drama queen end of the spectrum so I'd be inclined to take the whole impending doom thing with a very large piece of salt!:D

SB, anything to report?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

How did you all get on with the crystals? So far only one has pm'ed me back and interesting response/report back...

I have just come across this. What is it supposed to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I forgot sorry.

No worrys, so long as those who are interested give it a go and PM me anything noticed (if anything!), thanks again...

• Advertisement

maccored wrote: »
    yeah. things untie themselves (twice) and fly across the room. thats gravity. :rolleyes:

Having been so lucky to see things move in a startling manner myself on a number of occasions (and with witnesses (thank God) ) gravity can't explain everything.

Top experts on gravity, physics etc even speculate that the known laws of physics may not apply in the same way as in other parts of the universe (my mind has melted a few times… well nearly every time that those topics come us on "Through the Wormhole" and Morgan Freeman is soooo convincing !!!)…..

Advertisement