Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those of you who have already voted - Wording

Options
  • 12-06-2008 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

I'm heading down shortly to vote. I'm just wondering how it's worded. Is it a simple No means No & Yes means Yes. Or is it worded as Yes you are opposed or No you are not opposed?

Thanks !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

yes means yes, no means no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

shinny wrote:
    Or is it worded as Yes you are opposed or No you are not opposed?
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if it turned out afterwards that this was how it was worded, and no-one realised?! :pac:

Unless I'm drastically wrong, it's a simple YES/NO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

shinny wrote: »
    I'm heading down shortly to vote. I'm just wondering how it's worded. Is it a simple No means No & Yes means Yes. Or is it worded as Yes you are opposed or No you are not opposed?

Thanks !

One box with yes beside it, one box with no beside it. Put an X in the yes box if you want the treaty ratified put an X in the no box if you want it to fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Wouldn't it be hilarious if it turned out afterwards that this was how it was worded, and no-one realised?! :pac:

Unless I'm drastically wrong, it's a simple YES/NO

Imagine the outcry and how dirty we'd all feel after arguing so vehemently we accidentally all switched sides *shudders*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Just back from voting now.

It had:

Approve

Do Not Approve

With boxes beside them to put an X in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Thanks everyone, I guessed it would be a simple straight forward format, but I thought I'd just check. I'm drugged up to the eye balls at the moment (fighting off an infection) so I don't think my feeble brain could have handled double meanings.

Thanks !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭VoidStarNull

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Imagine the outcry and how dirty we'd all feel after arguing so vehemently we accidentally all switched sides *shudders*

Actually the sinister EU elite have conspired here to confuse the plain people of Ireland. Both of the small boxes on the ballot mean that you support the treaty ("Yes I'm in favour", and "No I am not opposed").

To vote NO you have to draw a very large X through both boxes. Also, make sure that you wear a tinfoil hat to avoid being affected by the clause in the treaty that says "WE WILL CONTROL EVERY ASPECT OF YOUR LIFE".

Good luck, NO voters. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Actually the sinister EU elite have conspired here to confuse the plain people of Ireland. Both of the small boxes on the ballot mean that you support the treaty ("Yes I'm in favour", and "No I am not opposed").

To vote NO you have to draw a very large X through both boxes. Also, make sure that you wear a tinfoil hat to avoid being affected by the clause in the treaty that says "WE WILL CONTROL EVERY ASPECT OF YOUR LIFE".

Good luck, NO voters. ;)

Ah yes but we'll see who has the last laugh when we finish training the underground monkeys for the uprising :) See if you're Alien Overlords protect you then!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Rb wrote: »
    Just back from voting now.

It had:

Approve

Do Not Approve

With boxes beside them to put an X in.
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    Mine was Yes or No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    Mine was Yes or No
    Weird, mine definitely had it worded that way...

Maybe on the right of the boxes there was a "Ta/Yes, Nil/No" but I can't recall that specifically.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Gu3rr1lla

Said something like

"do you wish to amend the Irish Constitution?"

Yes I do agree

No I don't agree X

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I believe it said "do you approve of the amendment?" beside both boxes and to the other side of the box on top was "yes" and the box below "no".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Gu3rr1lla

murphaph wrote: »
    I believe it said "do you approve of the amendment?" beside both boxes and to the other side of the box on top was "yes" and the box below "no".

Yeah that was it now that I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

murphaph wrote: »
    That was it.

Advertisement