Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dub to London City (July-Aug '15) - €35 one way - Book b4 May 28th

• 20-05-2015 1:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

Received a flyer on the street at lunchtime today:

"Book a flight from Dublin to London City Airport before May 28th for just €35 one way including all taxes and charges.

5,000 seats available."

Includes free baggage allowance of 23 kilos plus complimentary drinks and snacks.

Travel period June/July/August 2015.

Link - https://www.cityjet.com/book/DUB/LCY/30/

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

I would have never looked to fly to London with them.
    There are always so expensive but I suppose in fairness it is quicker to Centre and avoids expensive trains.
    €70 is pretty good including everything.
    Assume it's going to be "selected flights" :rolleyes:.

Just flicking through them and doesn't apply for a Sat/Sun trip in July or August and can't get any flights back for the same price.
    Looking like minimum of €120 return up to €250 for a weekend trip :eek:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

€70 is pretty good including everything.

€35 is on the DUB-LCY sector only, with the return leg always working out at considerably more.

LCY is a great airport though & the DLR's a doddle to get you into the heart of the city.

There's been huge availability at this price for weeks too.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95356501&postcount=86
    Just flicking through them and doesn't apply for a Sat/Sun trip in July or August and can't get any flights back for the same price.
    Looking like minimum of €120 return up to €250 for a weekend trip :eek:.

Flight operations are restricted at weekends, due to noise & airport location etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭TempAc

I booked this for the August bank holiday. Worked out at 110 euro. Ryanair/Aer Lingus works out at about 70 but you fly into Gatwick/Stanstead/Luton and have to pay the guts of 30 euro to get into the City. So basically the costs are the same but you end up with travelling for another hour or two travel time if you fly to one of the further out airports. If you actually have checked baggage this is a considerable bargain as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Gatwick/Stanstead/Luton and have to pay the guts of 30 euro to get into the City.

What form of transport are you using for £30?
    If you actually have checked baggage this is a considerable bargain as well.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

okidoki987 wrote: »
    What form of transport are you using for £30?

The train is around 30 euros from Gatwick, I think even more from Stanstead. Who has enough life to waste to use those godawful Easybuses and the ilk (or whatever they're called).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 sleepingghost

Nothing new.

I'm a regular on this route and its been around the €30 point for about a year. I suspect there may be changes with Flybe exiting the route at the end of the month, but hopefully the competition with BA will keep prices down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

TempAc wrote: »
    I booked this for the August bank holiday. Worked out at 110 euro. Ryanair/Aer Lingus works out at about 70 but you fly into Gatwick/Stanstead/Luton and have to pay the guts of 30 euro to get into the City. So basically the costs are the same but you end up with travelling for another hour or two travel time if you fly to one of the further out airports. If you actually have checked baggage this is a considerable bargain as well.

This.
    As you said, free checked bag (and carry-on), free snacks/drinks, you land in London, not miles from it. Taxi time after landing max 3min, walk from airplane to exit 2-3min (no passport control coming from Dublin).
    When you depart from lcy, I think they allow you to check in 10min before departure, could be little more, and probably 30min if checking a bag. From check-in to gate -incl security- about 10min (if not too busy).
    Lcy very convenient and efficient airport, no time wasted even worth the little extra it sometimes costs and you'll definitely be saving money on busses/trains...
    The airport is closed from sat noon till sun noon to keep the people living near the airport happy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

VERY handy if you're going to anything in the Excel centre!

Noticed if you try booking a one way over to get back on a Saturday night after a football match with another airline, the cost of the single fare goes up €10. :confused:

• Advertisement

The train is around 30 euros from Gatwick,

Try Southern Trains.
    They go from Gatwick to Central London every 15 minutes.
    Not well advertised but it arrives 5 minutes after the Gatwick Express at £15 or thereabouts and you can buy a tube ticket combined with it!

Advertisement