Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halford Tools

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Fantastic set of tools. Highly recommended, I have a similar (slightly smaller set...) and it has been perfect. Managed to do loads of jobs on the car/bike with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I picked up the set below that for €125 last week, they're lovely things behold. Especially at that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Also just to add you can't really tell from the picture. But the spanner set has like a ratchet style sprocket on the end of it, which is very handy!

I picked up the set below that for €125 last week, they're lovely things behold. Especially at that price.

How did you get it at 125€ ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

TallGlass wrote: »
    How did you get it at 125€ ?

There's another set with less stuff in it for €125.

These sets are nearly always half price. I bought mine in 2007 and nothing has broken despite my best efforts.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Seems like a bargain for this set. I have used these tools and there decent. Lifetime warranty too.

Half price from 350€ now 175€.

Worth nowhere near E350 though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

Would love that set.

But after seeing what my youngs fellas did with my last set, I'll hold off for a year or two!

Worth nowhere near E350 though!!

175€ is not that bad really. Works out about 85/90c a tool that has a lifetime warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

I'm curious if anyone has actually broken a tool from the Halfords Pro range and got a free replacement?

I've ones from the normal range that seem better quality than lots of (more expensive) other Cr-Va stuff. I reckon you'd need a 3' breaker bar to damage their stuff (apart from the ratchet stuff, perhaps).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

I rebuilt a ford capri with my buddy with a set of these each the smaller rachet handles both broke and they we're swapped no quibble the replacements seem a lot more robust but swapped them not a problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

I've heard of lads hammering undersize sockets onto sheared bolt heads to get them off and getting the socket replaced.

Having said all that, I wouldn't swap my Bahco 1/2 inch set for anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Pique wrote: »
    I'm curious if anyone has actually broken a tool from the Halfords Pro range and got a free replacement?

I've ones from the normal range that seem better quality than lots of (more expensive) other Cr-Va stuff. I reckon you'd need a 3' breaker bar to damage their stuff (apart from the ratchet stuff, perhaps).

Spring in the small bit that holds the small screw/torx heads went. They replaced it no issue, had to order it and delivery straight from supplier. Great value set and great quality plus good customer service, yes it really is Halfords

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Have a smaller socket set from them about 10 years now, really great quality stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Pique wrote: »

The case for my 90 piece Professional set broke and they replaced the case itself. Unfortunately, their 90 piece tool kit must have been changed in the interim, so it wasn't the exact one for my set. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Also have a similar set (albeit slightly smaller) for the past 5 years and it's fantastic. My only complaint is that the smaller sockets are 1/4" drive and the 1/4" socket spanner is very short so not much leverage. Easily solved with an adaptor and my 2' breaker bar :D

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Blankety

Decided to treat myself with a tool chest and a tool set.

Tool chest advertised at €115 link

Ratchet set advertised at €120 link

Both were on sale and the sales chap offered all for €200. (€35 off the sale price)

€100 for a good ratchet set and €100 for a tool chest so I can gather all the loose tools together in a single location.... decent deal I think.
    I never bought from them before or know anyone in the shop, so if you are interested just offer them €200 and they'll take it or you might get an even better deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Blankety wrote: »

Both were on sale and the sales chap offered all for €200. (€35 off the sale price)

€100 for a good ratchet set and €100 for a tool chest so I can gather all the loose tools together in a single location.... decent deal I think.
    I never bought from them before or know anyone in the shop, so if you are interested just offer them €200 and they'll take it or you might get an even better deal.

You did well, nice deal.

Blankety wrote: »

Wouldn't be mad on the chest but the tools you can't go wrong and for both @ 200€. Bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Blankety

Wouldn't be mad on the chest but the tools you can't go wrong and for both @ 200€. Bargain.
    Yeah I agree it's a bargain, the socket set is really nice, feels like its a quality piece of kit. not sure if I'll get the use out of it but great to get it at that price. I had a cheaper set but the ratchet was binding up and a few of the smaller bits were rounded.
    The tool cabinet ( for €100 ) is fantastic, it probably not suited to a garage where it'll be used all day every day but for anyone who wants a 6 drawer for normal domestic use it's without doubt the best I have seen in this price range .
    I had a look on Halford.co.uk and there were lots of lads reviewing the cabinet at £100 and saying how good it was, so at £71 I stuck it down as a good bargain.
    Big clean up ahead tomorrow in the garage.....

Advertisement