Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 6P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

digiman wrote: »
    Aluminium 64GB

ou can return up to 14 days later for full refund

just Google nexus returns policy

Or you can cancel the order now so someone else on the waiting list might benefit :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

rocks1981 wrote: »
    ou can return up to 14 days later for full refund

just Google nexus returns policy

Or you can cancel the order now so someone else on the waiting list might benefit :-)

Exactly what I ordered.... My one is not shipping until the 12th Nov :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

That's me out of the running for getting a 6p after reading this

Only a miserable 0.34 V on the headphone jack compared to the ip6 at 1.017v which I still had to have turned up to 90% thanks to EU laws on limiting db levels to 100 on devices the ship with earphones.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/785067/nexus-5x-and-6p-sound-quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

digiman wrote: »
    I've ordered one of these on the launch day so it should be delivered this week. I don't think I want it now as I bought the iPhone 6S in the mean time. Can I play with it for a week and then send it back to Google?

Expecting mine this week too. I web chatted with google support who confirmed that they allow returns within the first 2 weeks - said it was fine to use the phone as long it was returned undamaged.

I will probably keep it but am tempted by Note 5 despite lack of LTE band 20 and tacky physical home button & Samsung branding on the front. LG G4 might also be a runner as it's got a QHD LCD screen (never had an amoled before and I may not take to it).I was in Donegal last week and popped onto Derry to play with one. Screen and camera both great but a bit plasticy despite the black leather back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Flaccus wrote: »
    That's me out of the running for getting a 6p after reading this

Only a miserable 0.34 V on the headphone jack compared to the ip6 at 1.017v which I still had to have turned up to 90% thanks to EU laws on limiting db levels to 100 on devices the ship with earphones.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/785067/nexus-5x-and-6p-sound-quality

Not sure what any of that means but it's plenty loud from my headphones (over ear Sennheiser PX-200-II).

Not sure what any of that means but it's plenty loud from my headphones (over ear Sennheiser PX-200-II).

Well that's good to know mate. The issue with a lot of phones is the output voltage is so low from the headphone jack and the eu laws regarding max db levels means you have to have the phone at almost 100% even with in ear phones to get to a point where you don't hear the prats around you talking when your on public transport :)

Of course I have always found phone arenas measurement dubious.

Anyway, to get decent volume do you have the have the thing maxed out ? And have you tried streaming from Spotify ?

Anyway, to get decent volume do you have the have the thing maxed out ? And have you tried streaming from Spotify ?

Indicative testing tells me it's the same as my OnePlus One. I'm just testing on Google Play Music.
    Keep an eye on the XDA forums as if it's an issue, it would be thoroughly hashed out there.

EDIT: And here it is:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6p/general/boost-headset-volume-t3237661

Root needed for that solution though.

It could be my ears too :) It just seems to me that all phones I have tried have almost no headphone volume below 60-70% With the exception of the HTC m8 and m9 to a lesser degree I have always had to have my phones maxed out on every very low impedance IEM's (less 10ohms). That goes for the S6 edge, Note 4, and iPhone 6 too.

A lot of this is down to manufacturers providing minimal voltage (that even bluetooth phones are louder sometime), and nothing you can do about that. And it is also a lot to do with regulations around sound levels where a device cannot surpass 10db if sold with headphones in the EU, which cripples nearly every phone sold here though I'd say the Nexus is ok. There is an Android hack alright to remove the dB limitation (needs root) which I got from XDA and it helped my Note 4 and on iPhones there is a very handy EQ+ app that allows you to increase gain. Also, some providers like Spotify seem to limit volume levels as well.

Seeing as there is a 15 day window to return the 6P I might take a punt now. Just can't decide on the carbon or the aluminium.

Edit : Just saw your link. Yep, I did something similar with my Note 4. Ta.

Those of you who have the carbon black, does it look like they have powder coated the aluminium edges. Or just painted the thing.

Anyone get a black with any defects, nicks, scratches etc.. ? I have a feeling the aluminium with it's shiny chamfered edged will last all of 2 days in and out of a case before getting nicked. This is why I am thinking of going for the black, which I know is probably a fingerprint magnet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

It could be my ears too :) It just seems to me that all phones I have tried have almost no headphone volume below 60-70% With the exception of the HTC m8 and m9 to a lesser degree I have always had to have my phones maxed out on every very low impedance IEM's (less 10ohms). That goes for the S6 edge, Note 4, and iPhone 6 too.

A lot of this is down to manufacturers providing minimal voltage (that even bluetooth phones are louder sometime), and nothing you can do about that. And it is also a lot to do with regulations around sound levels where a device cannot surpass 10db if sold with headphones in the EU, which cripples nearly every phone sold here though I'd say the Nexus is ok. There is an Android hack alright to remove the dB limitation (needs root) which I got from XDA and it helped my Note 4 and on iPhones there is a very handy EQ+ app that allows you to increase gain. Also, some providers like Spotify seem to limit volume levels as well.

Seeing as there is a 15 day window to return the 6P I might take a punt now. Just can't decide on the carbon or the aluminium.

Edit : Just saw your link. Yep, I did something similar with my Note 4. Ta.

What headphones do you use?

Sennheiser Urbanite over ear, RHA T10i and Sennheiser Momentum in ear's.

Just changed the DPI to 440 and it's so much better than the default 560.
    Can do it without root via the method in the link below.

The command's i used were:

adb devices

db shell

wm density 440 && reboot

http://www.androidbeat.com/2015/07/how-to-change-dpi-of-android-device-without-root/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

Sennheiser Urbanite over ear, RHA T10i and Sennheiser Momentum in ear's.

Have you thought about investing in some noise cancellation headphones? Think you might be damaging your hearing just to drown out all the other noise.

Unfortunately my 6p (black 64gb) is still pending despite ordering it on launch day. My adopted case arrived today though. It's just a matt black TPU case - very similar to the diztronic one on my OPO. Like the 6p it was a ripoff at €20 but I wanted protection on the phone from day 1 just in case I decide to return it. Quality wise it's pretty good - smooth on the back with some light texturing on the sides, buttons and front. Looks like the 6p will only be slightly larger than my OPO. Apologies for the quality of the photos - taken with my work iphone 4!

If anyone wants some better pics II dig out the DSLR this evening.

2wgdctc.jpg

40rw9.png

14l2gx1.jpg

15nltog.jpg

2hxajnr.jpg

ostqtw.jpg

OPO in Dizitronic case vs 6p case

5dtbpl.jpg

OPO in Dizitronic case vs 6p case

2lsfn6d.jpg

9joaic.jpg

33z41og.jpg

OPO in 6p case

Ordered intelliarmour tempered glass protection for my 6P. If you put 2 protectors in the cart and use promo code intelli6P you'll only be charged for the one . Shipping on the 9th Nov.
    Link: http://www.intelliarmor.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=6p

• Advertisement

Ordered 2 one plus one USB to type ç cables. Just less than 20e shipped and the USB end is reversible too ;)

Zen 2nd wrote: »
    Have you thought about investing in some noise cancellation headphones? Think you might be damaging your hearing just to drown out all the other noise.

Might look into it. Though to be honest even at 100% they are not 'that' loud. The M8 I had was perfect, about 75-80% volume. But yeah, noise cancellation might be the way to go with the 6P.

I think the rugged armour from Spigen might be decent

http://www.spigen.co.uk/cell-phone/google/google-nexus-6p/nexus-6p-case-rugged-armor.html

It's a tpu case and if it's anything like the galaxy s6 one will provide some protection without ruining the style of the phone. Does pick up oils from fingers very easily though and a pain to clean.

Have seen a few videos now with these 2 defects. Basically the odd chip on the aluminium on the back casing, and that bottom strip which sometimes isn't flush. Anyone ran into this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqgev6u7OtU

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭irishbuzz

Waiting a month on a 64GB Graphite and still Pending.

Considering cancelling and re-placing my order as twice I've contacted Google and they couldn't tell me why it's delayed or when it should ship.

Has anyone had a model greater than 32GB shipped from Google yet? If so what colours.

I'm in the same boat :( and also contacted Google today - they weren't able to shed any light on it. Status is still pending 3-5 November so I guess I'll just have to at least wait another 2 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hey guys,
    That phone in the video that had the defects out of the box, was it the frost model or the aluminum one?

Cheers,
    M

Aluminium

irishbuzz wrote:
    Has anyone had a model greater than 32GB shipped from Google yet? If so what colours.

Still waiting on mine. 128GB Graphite model with a date of 3 - 5 November.

Ordered my 64gb aluminium due on the 28th of October pending 16th to the 18th of November.
    Hoping it arrives when scheduled.
    Have usb to type C cables ordered , tempered glass screen protectors and adopted case is due in the next day out two...
    There must be huge demand for this phone with the delays seemingly worldwide...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

irishbuzz wrote: »
    Considering cancelling and re-placing my order as twice I've contacted Google and they couldn't tell me why it's delayed or when it should ship.

Might be a good idea, I ordered my one Saturday evening it arrived today.

boc121 wrote: »
    Might be a good idea, I ordered my one Saturday evening it arrived today.

What colour/memory?

digitaldr wrote: »
    What colour/memory?

I hope it's the 32gb ;)
    The 64 and 128gb seem to be less available...

1jcdub wrote: »
    I hope it's the 32gb ;)
    The 64 and 128gb seem to be less available...
    I hope the pending dates given are pessimistic!

I hope the pending dates given are pessimistic!

They are rumoured to be giving $25 rebates to early orders due to delays in the US. Can't remember where I read that

wv60dh.png

:D:D:D

• Advertisement

wv60dh.png

:D:D:D

Ya lucky duck... I hope my phone I is processed soon 😢

Ya lucky duck... I hope my phone I is processed soon 😢

Mine says "processing 16th-18th -Nov" ? ?
    What was it before that?... 'pending' ?

Mine says "processing 16th-18th -Nov" ? ?
    What was it before that?... 'pending' ?

Mine is still saying processing 16-18th Nov. Would be great if it was shipped before the end of the week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭nursewally

Mine is processing for the 5-9th Nov.

This could finally make my week.

I don't understand how you folks that are getting estimated dates of 12-14th Nov and the like are getting processing?

According to Googles delivery info, orders process for 1-2 days and shipping takes approximately 3-5 days. So seven days max in my eyes.

shipping is 3-5 for chargers and the like, but 1-3 days for the phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

What colour/memory?

64gb Graphite.

Interesting article for those who are looking to get type c cables.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/11/04/a-google-engineer-who-works-on-usb-type-c-products-is-reviewing-and-identifying-out-of-spec-potentially-dangerous-third-party-cables-and-adapters/

I've already got a set of cables from Amazon. Trying one of them today and all seems to be working fine but the Google engineer has reviewed them and said they do not conform to standards.

Just got an email from Google - my 6p has shipped!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Mine just shipped too :D

• Advertisement

Just got an email from Google - my 6p has shipped!

Just got he same for my aluminium 64gb ordered 6 days ago

Congrats. When you get it, can you examine it for any flaws like paint chips, scratches on the edges, panel gaps on the rear compartment...I know this sounds over the top but am seriously considering this phone and for the money I would like something as near to perfect as possible. However a good few people have reported these issues on XDA Forums so not sure about Huweia's quality. Then again you only here about the complaints.

Congrats. When you get it, can you examine it for any flaws like paint chips, scratches on the edges, panel gaps on the rear compartment...I know this sounds over the top but am seriously considering this phone and for the money I would like something as near to perfect as possible. However a good few people have reported these issues on XDA Forums so not sure about Huweia's quality.

Sure ill see what i can do. If i get a couple more posts i'm allows stick up images ;-)

Sure ill see what i can do. If i get a couple more posts i'm allows stick up images ;-)

Excellent! I am edging towards the aluminium as I dont like the way the carbon shows up fingerprints. Then again the aluminium has a chamfered edge which look like polished aluminium so could be a scratch magnet like the m8 or especially the note4; while the carbon either has a painted or powder coated edge so might be more resistant depending on how thick the paint is. lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭irishbuzz

Looks like someone finally sorted out the pre-order delays. My 6P has also shipped.

irishbuzz wrote: »
    Looks like someone finally sorted out the pre-order delays. My 6P has also shipped.

Not with the 128GB Graphite it seems :(

• Advertisement

I'm hoping that I'll have my 6p very soon as it's coming from Heathrow. Nice that the tracking number was active immediately. I see it's now changed from shipping information received to processing at Heathrow. I'm going to get RSI with all this refreshing!

Edit: just noticed this

Estimated Delivery:
    Thursday, November 05, 2015
    By End of Day

I'm hoping that I'll have my 6p very soon as it's coming from Heathrow. Nice that the tracking number was active immediately. I see it's now changed from shipping information received to processing at Heathrow. I'm going to get RSI with all this refreshing!

RSI is right, I'm still waiting on my tracking to activate. :-(

What pending dates did you have before your phones where despatched?

What pending dates did you have before your phones where despatched?

Mine was 16th - 18th. 64 GB alu

Mine was 16th - 18th. 64 GB alu
    Mine has the same date, still pending though. The sooner it arrives the better as I've my phone sold

• Advertisement
Advertisement