Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touring in Ireland

Options
  • 16-05-2012 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hey, I'm relatively new to this forum so I hope I'm doing this in the right place...

I play with a band from Dublin and ourselves and a friend's band are looking to start gigging outside Dublin together this summer. We're trying to work out a system for it so I thought I'd start a thread and get people's opinions.

The idea is to get in touch with bands and promoters around the country who we can come down and play with (hopefully in a venue that will pay even enough to cover travel expenses, and maybe a few beers) and in return help them organise gigs in Dublin and help bring a crowd.

Anyway, I was hoping people could recommend venues around the country who we could get in touch with? As I said ideally somewhere that will pay us, and also with people who may have experience doing this kind of thing. We've been in touch with places who will let bands sleep in the pub, which saves on accommodation costs, but these types of venues are hard to come by.

Also, if anyone has any experience with this kind of thing and could give us a few tips that'd be great. Or if anyone is in a band that would like to get involved let me know.

We'll be doing it over the next few months so I can keep the forum updated and provide people with a kind of model for doing a small tour of Ireland (if it goes well for us that is!)

Cheers :D

Advertisement