Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

We had a feast of a margarita pizza, a greek pizza, sweet potato wedges, courgette tomato bake, corn on the cob and sweet chilli mayo. Followed by banana and peanut icecream.

I now have a chocolate mousse calling me from the fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Stuffed mushrooms followed by cauliflower and mince bake. Mmm, so tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Pork chops, boiled potatoes, spinach and a big dollop of dijon. And a dog nearly nose to nose with me, crying, because he's working on a new up close and annoying approach for making human food his food. He's so deprived.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Chilli on monday and Burgers and chips yesterday, hard to beat the classics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Miaireland wrote: »
    Lazy evening here. Waygu beef burger, sweet potatoe fries and braised gem lettuce. I would probably do some kind of flavoured butter next time as it was a slightly dry dinner.

where did you get Waygu?! That's quite posh for a Tuesday night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Chicken breast, chopped potatoes and mixed peppers slung in an Aldi "Mediterranean Chicken" shake & bake bag and cooked in the oven for 40 minutes. Bootiful! :D

jEunJJb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Butternut Squash and Chickpea Curry Stew. I had this on Monday, last night and tonight! It's so tasty.

12310722_10156188321060307_4930998234022593395_n.jpg?oh=06bc2582a03361d1f5736449671bbf96&oe=56F42917

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Haven't posted in here in a while :o but here goes

Couscous balls mixed with wilted spinach, pancetta, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika covered in passata mixed with dried oregano and basil topped with grated cheddar and mozzarella served with chicken coated in smoked paprika and cayenne pepper cooked with Chorizo Passata and a touch of hot sauce.

20151122_201802_zpsr9d9hq9r.jpg

20151122_205503_zpstuac24bc.jpg

Ham & cheese fritatta, spinach with feta and walnuts, toast. Spinach was disastrous, gritty even though rinced and I think my feta was gone cos it tasted fermented so that went into the bin.

BIj1bul.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

The neighbours upstairs cooked haggis, neeps and tatties for us, with cherry pie and cream for dessert. Amazing comfort food.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Chickpea and roasted vegetable tagine with couscous and a nice dollop of minty yoghurt.

21mss1w.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Minced beef & mushroom pie. With mash and peas.

2zxqgzm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Homemade pizza, pepperoni, mushroom, goats cheese, yum. I used the bag of shredded mozarella instead of the ball, won't make that mistake again!

The husband made aubergine parmagiana with spaghetti, and garlic bread. It looks ugly on the plate, but it tasted amaaaaazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

A little while back:
    Pan basted duck breast. Potato rosti. Carrots and baby broad beans. Balsamic grilled tomatoes.

rviwkEK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Last night we had a Japanese themed dinner.
    Miso soup with wakame and leeks to start (no pic)
    Fried flat iron steaks with teriyaki sauce (my interpretation), miso glazed aubergine, wilted spinach and Japanese rice.

The steaks were medium rare when I sliced them but a few minutes on the heated plate cooked them through :mad:
    OREEaQi.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

I made ghee earlier today (he he he) and used it to make a lemon, garlic and rosemary coating for a roast chicken.

IMG_1853_zpshcl8prpd.jpg

To accompany it I made baked sweet potatoes with almond essence (the recipe called for Frangelico liqueur and I hadn't a clue where to get it), hazelnuts, shallots and mascarpone topping.

IMG_1854_zpsh5jswelb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Homemade stew on braised cabbage

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Went to Rolys for a long lunch today and it was epic. Had wild mushroom bruschetta with Parma ham, rocket, hazelnuts and a hazelnut mayonnaise. Then a sublime smoked haddock gratin with an artery clogging amount of Gruyere and then a delish old favourite, creme brûlée. All with a zesty little Spanish white wine. It was all yum, it never fails to disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

We had Donal Skehan's Swedish meatballs with green beans, mashed potato and cranberry jam (didn't have any lingonberries to hand, strangely enough).

For dessert I made a very old fashioned steamed sponge pudding which we ate piping hot from the oven with a lump of vanilla ice cream on top. I've been meaning to make a steamed pudding for ages, they are seriously delicious.

• Advertisement

We had a mini Christmas dinner yesterday :) To whoever recommended the Lidl gratins - love youuuuuu. They are so tasty. Had seen the box with 'emmenthal' written on it and assumed they'd taste of bland nothing but, awesome.

Odd looking blackened bits because I decided to 'crisp things up' using my new cook's blowtorch.

huM8Hbd.jpg

Roast chicken dinner last night with all the trimmings. Having a cinema day today (3 movies back to back) and I have me roast chicken sambos i mo mhála for lunch hour. :) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I was invited for lunch yesterday, the host made pan-fried duck breast with a pain d'epice sauce (pain d'epice is sort of like gingerbread but not exactly) and dauphin potatoes. OMG is was gorgeous! :)
    Starter was green salad, and desert was fresh pineapple, which contrasted nicely with the heaviness of the main course.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

A kind of a Laksa-inspired thing. I only had a bit of coconut milk so I threw that in with some garlic, ginger, chicken stock, veggies, prawns, a little curry powder, and udon noodles.

photo_zpste06reog.jpg

Verdict: not bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,348 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Bought a small (1kg) roast beef joint from Aldi on Saturday for Sunday dinner, took the top wrapper off and let it air in the fridge.
    Sunday dinner didn't happen so had it tonight. Tender and delicious, don't know why but I was really surprised. It may have been the airing for 48 hours though...

Boeuf bourguignon with mash, broccoli and crusty bread with butter. Pumpkin pie and cinnamon cream for dessert. Red wine. Good conversation. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Cheese steak. Sirloin smothered in mixed onions, mushrooms and strong cheddar. I want another one.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I made Dial Hard's spicy bean&cheese dip, but used it with a bit of rice to stuff into burritos. Along with guacamole and fresh salsa - delish, but not very photogenic at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Chicken wings and noodles in peanut sauce. nom. (With some Frank's on top after photo taken).

slack_for_ios_upload.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,413 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Fillet steak, lime & chilli sweet potato and a spinach salad dressed with cumin & cayenne yoghurt. 'Twas delish.

12342532_10154356990952678_5445913753076528284_n.jpg?oh=84a6e5850b1e57dbee121f0618467e88&oe=56D4C262

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement