Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Support slot for band getting back gigging

Options
  • 18-04-2012 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,
    My band "Army of Ed" have been off the gig circuit the last year due to a sickness in the family for a band member. While we were out of commision we began working on our new material for our album and working with a new bassist.

Now we're looking for some gigs to get us back into the swing of things. We're an experienced band, our front man has been on the dublin scene for the last nearly 20 years, and has been playing with our drummer for the last 7years and both are very confident on stage. However considering they will be working with a new bassist we're just looking for a support gig just to get used to being together on stage if you know what I mean?
    We're a very talkative, crowd interaction band- something that has always brought us sucess in gigs- but we just have to get the new guy used to our way of doing thing.

I've looked at your resources links and think there's some great names there but unfortunatly a lot seem to be battle of the bands/coffee house gigs or higher profile gigs which we don't really want to play til we're sure we're at full strenght together.

I was wondering if anyone would know of some support slots going in Dublin or could any boardsies here help us out? We're all in favour of making connections with local bands and will return help to anyone when we can.

EDIT: just to add some info on the band, we're a 3 piece alternative rock band, play all our own original material with inspiration from Nivana, Sun Kill Moon, Pearl Jam, System of a down, Idlewild etc... Unfortunatly I've no music to link at present because we're in the process of mastering our songs but I can pm some older tracks to people if they're interested?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ElectricTaurus

Hi man,

check the facebook page for Live and Unsigned Dublin they are looking for fill up the slots for the next two months, nice gig 20 mins set only requirement is that you bring along 10 people to the show.

Or drop by the Sweeney bar they will be able to give you an opening slot.

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Better Than Ed

Hi man,

check the facebook page for Live and Unsigned Dublin they are looking for fill up the slots for the next two months, nice gig 20 mins set only requirement is that you bring along 10 people to the show.

Or drop by the Sweeney bar they will be able to give you an opening slot.

Good Luck

Thanks a million for the reply mate
    Checked out Live and Unsigned but they seem to operate on a battle of the bands format which is a shame- it sounded perfect otherwise. Just don't think a competition is the best way to break in the bassist.

I'll drop a line to Sweeneys Bar now, here's hoping. Thanks for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ElectricTaurus

You can try also Gipsy Rose on the quays they always look for support bands.

If you are willing to travel The Phoenix in kildare town maybe have opening slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭miniroar

Hey man give me a shout, support slot with 3Mustgetbeers in fibbers Sat19th May must getbeers on facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭nigeldinho

If you fancy it, my band are playing in Captains Grafton Street on Friday 18th May if you're interested in a support on the night?

Thanks man

https://www.facebook.com/events/403431993012577/?ref=ts

• Advertisement
Advertisement