Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant Express

Options
  • 01-12-2003 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Restaurant Express is a delivery service for over 21 restaurants around dublin city.
    The new 10th edition menu is out now with new restaurants and changed menus.
    There is a full of license as well so you can get a bottle of wine, beer or spirits delived straight to your door.
    To get a menu simply send an email to restaurantexpress@eircom.net or order online at Restaurant Express

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I always found restaurant express to be a tad expensive.

Do you post anything that is not an advert by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

I advise never to use Restaurant Express.
    I've used it twice, and both times the food was both wrong and cold.
    I ordered a veggie pizza - meat all over it. The guy brought another like 30 mins later, while my friend's pizza got cold.
    Got mexican food once - yuk. It was from The Alamo in Blackrock - nice place, but the take out was rubbish. Freezing, stuck together mush - and also wrong.

If you're gonna get nice restaurant grub, I advise to just go to the restaurant!

q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭eddiesheridan

Your right on both counts Gordon. It is an expensive service but the prices of the dishes are the same as in the restaurants and the quality of the food is superior to the local chinese or indian take aways.I do post mostly about upcoming gigs which is advertising but I did genuinely think people would want to know about this service as no other company does it.
    As for bad food all I can say there is with 26 restaurants with hundreds of people working in them, sometimes they can make a mistake. Im also a vegetarian and know how annoying it can be to have meat put in something but if theres a problem and the customers rings its always put right.
    If this is not something of interest to people by all means delete it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

im surprised more people dont get involved in this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Dreamcatcher

I have the menu for this service here, but cannot decide where to order from. Has anyone ordered anything lately? Was it nice? Any recommendations..?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I tried it a coupla times. Food was OK but it wasn't much cheaper than going to the restaurant. And you don't exactly get the atmosphere or service when it arrives in tinfoil. The drink prices are a bit silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭kstanl

I've used Restaurant Express a few times. I always received what I ordered and the service was punctual and the phone staff were helpful and friendly. My only gripe, and it's a big one, was the food. The quality was above that of a take-away obviously but certainly not restaurant quality. You can get a Bombay Pantry meal for less than a RE meal from, say, Sagar and the food's a lot better!

If RE really wants to up the ante, I would recommend partnering with the likes of Jaipur, The Cedar Tree, etc. and ensuring that there is just as much attention paid to the takeout food as there is to the food served in-house.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

the problem with RE is the price, you just don't want to pay that much for a takeaway, and I do think that there are plenty of small chineses/indians/pizzerias etc out there that are every bit as good as the over-priced ones in the RE booklet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

dudara wrote:
    the problem with RE is the price, you just don't want to pay that much for a takeaway, and I do think that there are plenty of small chineses/indians/pizzerias etc out there that are every bit as good as the over-priced ones in the RE booklet.

Agreed. Part of the price of the meal in a restaurant is paying for the nice surroundings, ambience etc. Why the hell should the food cost the same when it's being lashed out in a couple of tinfoil cartons?

Advertisement