Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have any news about X-Men 3????

Options
  • 08-05-2003 9:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I've just seen X-2 and though it was excellent and like the first film, it is set up for another movie...Does anyone have any links, story lines for a new movie. I know it's probably 2-3 years away but any news would be good.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Well it was supposed to be a three part story from the start.

David Hayter is saying there will be a third installment .

Rumours around the industry say that Jackman and Berry have yet to sign on for it but Famke Jannsen has signed with Singer the most likely director.

Here's another link and another ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 donnie

cheers jonno!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

What I think they'll do ...

I'd say it'll introduce further the characters of collossus , jubilee , gambit and Beast (Dr.McCoy) also i'd say DeathStrike will fight alonside the Xmen namely Wolverine and maybe a bit of romance their too (if you remember she was a victim of strykers mind control injections in X2) - I'd also say it'll explore jean grey's disappearance and she'll probably return towards end of movie.

I'm also thinking they'll need a new tougher bad guy I'm hoping for Apocolypse remember him from the cartoons

apocalypse3.jpg

any other bad guys they'd be able to introduce ????

of course it's too early to know for sure as I don't think they've written the story yet . . . .

I hope its better than X2 though

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭patch

I reckon towards the end of X3, once all the Xmen are together, it'll be yellow spandex all round!! you heard it here first;)

what i think will happen is Jean Grey will return as Pheonix. You seen hints of this in X-2 with the fire in her eyes and then at the when yoyu someone/thing under the water

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭PAPILLION

would be cool to wirte the phalanx story line into the third or would that be completely out of line with the second (which I haven't seen yet :()

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Halle Berry said she won't return to do the next X-men film if her character doesn't play a major roll in the next installment (as in, the main part, a bit like Wolverine's).

:rolleyes:

Everyone else, from what I've read, seems up for the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

heh I laugh at Halle berry ! Storm isnt a strong enough character to play lead i dont think...and shes not popular enough...Halle berry doesnt even bring anythign to the films imo and is easily replaced.... I think they would be making a mistake to add LOADS more achacractes, they allready have tonnes and we barely even get to see any o them use thier powers...i think theres too many allready for how long the movies are..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Weren't Beast and Storm lovers? If so, introduce Beast and have a subplot based on that.

It seems obvious that the next story will be Phoenix, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

I wonder would the prospect of getting shagged by a big hairy beast really bring halle berry back into the fold? I hope it doesn't take them more then 2-3 years to produce the next one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

pyro and the freeze guy will fight, xavier and magneto will fight and has no one even thought about SABERTOOTH!! i'd like to see gambit and juggernaut

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

sabertooth was in the first one and he got killed as far as i can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Originally posted by the celtic tiger
    sabertooth was in the first one and he got killed as far as i can remember.

Well, he fell off a cliff. I wouldn't count any of these guys as dead untill I see their severed head's roll accross the screen. And even then I'd have doupts tbh.

Hairy Belly's ego has no place in these films. Her charactor's just not that good. A fine actor she maybe, but if she starts thinking she's the star of the show, kick her out and give the part to someone else.

That wig's a bit of a turnoff anyway :(

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Originally posted by LizardKing
    i'd say DeathStrike will fight alonside the Xmen namely Wolverine
    Well considering that
    she's dead 'cause of all that lovely adamantum Wolverine pumped into her
    I'd say that's unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Well considering that
    she's dead 'cause of all that lovely adamantum Wolverine pumped into her
    I'd say that's unlikely.

Oh yeah forgot about that .... Excuse my bad memory ....
    although if she is anything like wolverine (i.e able to heal herself) I would not rule out all that lovely adamantum making her stronger for X3
    Yah never know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Except that
    the whole place got flooded and shes probably carrying a bit of weight!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

According to Bryan Singer and production designer Gus Dyer:

Halle Berry will return, if her character is developed appropriately.

Beast will almost certainly feature in X3.

Collosus will have a bigger part in X3.

The danger room will be in the sequel and was originally planned for X2.

The sentinels will hopefully appear in 'a sequel', so not specifically X3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Has Bryan Singer signed up to direct many (or any) more of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

wats the danger room?
    any word on sabertooth, juggernaut and gambit?

the danger room is like the Holo-deck, it's for training and stuff

• Advertisement
Advertisement