Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

• 17-04-2002 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Sorry - slightly silly question here, but I was having a discussion with someone the other day about the FBDO scene where the teacher runs along the corridor but slows down outside each classroom door to avoid the kids seeing him running.

Is this scene funny, or not?

Cheers,
    Bob.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

yes, i used do it myself :) (not a teacher, but while in school i used do it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

It's not funny.

It's bloody hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Funny cos it's true :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭helen_br

The whole film is just hilarious, really - especially the scenes where the teacher thinks he's insulting the girl's dad.

I saw it again recently and even the guy in the video store mumbled "Classic"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

definitely an unforgettable classic film...

never ever heard anyone say a bad word about it...

and Mia Sara... what a babe... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

yes, its just like the rest of the film*.

*funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

I approve of its funniness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

I heartely endorse that entire film! This is on the wrong board btw. Monty is gonna smak your bottom when he sees it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

thats a classic movie, and for me the best bit is when ferris starts singing in the parade, that film is the mutts nuts tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Actually, its my favorite film:)

That scene cracks me up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

bo do dom dom, OHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

There is a Films/tv board you know...

Moved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

ferris-leisurerules.jpg

Nuff said *

*Ranks in 80p's Top Ten movies of all-time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Funny scene... halarious movie.
    Loved the opening scene where Ferris is faking being sick- absolutely brilliant.
    Charlie Sheen was deadly in it too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by bobsmith833
    Sorry - slightly silly question here, but I was having a discussion with someone the other day about the FBDO scene where the teacher runs along the corridor but slows down outside each classroom door to avoid the kids seeing him running.

Is this scene funny, or not?

Cheers,
    Bob.

You bet its funny! Every thing Jeffrey Jones does in that film is hilarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭bobsmith833

OK, the discussion between me and my mate is still rumbling on, and another point of discussion came up - is the scene where Ferris plays the 2001 space odyssey "blue danube" theme using the "ill" samples he's created more funny or less funny than the aforementioned teacher in the corridor incident?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Nemici

IMO the corridor scene is funnier !

do you and your mate agree on any points of the movie ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

great film and that scene is v.funny ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by bobsmith833
    OK, the discussion between me and my mate is still rumbling on, and another point of discussion came up
    Cheers!
    Is this discussion between you and your mate some kind of annual event? I only ask because according to the stats you started this thread on April 17th 2002 and now you're finally back again on May 8th 2003?

Weird to see Pigman up there too btw :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

this film is a true classic.

i have a backup of it i watch time and again :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

Funny

absolutely brilliant film, wud be in line with billy madison but not a patch of happy gilmore or dumb and dumber.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

quality film, saw some of the directors commentary which is quite good and indepth, apparently that was a real German day parade or something and also they got a load people with weird talents to like that black guy doing the weird dance with the teeth :)

"anyone, anyone, Bueller, anyone?"

Advertisement