Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor APN settings for Huawei Mate? (yes, I searched & read the stickys!))

Options
  • 17-01-2014 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Yes, I searched & read the stickys! Meteor stuff is from 2011 and inconsistent with their latest: http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/HTC/How-to-enter-Meteor-APN-s-on-an-Android-Phone/td-p/16981

My new Huawei Ascend Mate has no data connection over Meteor Bill pay. There was no APN set up, so I created one according to Meteor's guide as far as I could tell. No luck. The phone has a default APN setting, which just deletes my created APN(s) and leaves APN section empty. And also doesn't work!

These are the exact APN options on my phone, and they don't conform exactly to Meteor's guide (of which I've found conflicting versions):

Name:
    APN:
    Proxy:
    Port:
    Username:
    Password:
    Server:
    MMSC:
    MMS Proxy:
    MMS Port:
    MCC:
    MNC:
    Authentication type:
    APN Type:
    APN Protocol:
    APN Enabled: (inaccessible, but says enabled)
    Bearer:

Can anyone help? :-)

Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

You only need 3 preferences for Data, the rest can remain default. The MMS Settings from the Meteor site are correct, just put them in their own preference.

Name: Meteor APN
    APN: data.mymeteor.ie
    APN Type: default,supl

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭boardsy

advertsfox wrote: »
    You only need 3 preferences for Data, the rest can remain default. The MMS Settings from the Meteor site are correct, just put them in their own preference.

Thanks! Is "default,supl" an actual value to type in, or do you mean default as supplied by the phone (= no value to enter in)? Meteor specify an APN Type of ""mms", as the input is under the mms settings... :confused:

boardsy wrote: »
    Thanks! Is "default,supl" an actual value to type in, or do you mean default as supplied by the phone (= no value to enter in)? Meteor specify an APN Type of ""mms", as the input is under the mms settings... :confused:
    Yes, towards the bottom there is an APN Type that usually just has "Not Set" in it, I suggest typing in "default,supl" and then saving your APN. Technically, you don't need to do it but it's better to define it (just like you have to with MMS in a seperate Access Point preference).

Yes, towards the bottom there is an APN Type that usually just has "Not Set" in it, I suggest typing in "default,supl" and then saving your APN. Technically, you don't need to do it but it's better to define it (just like you have to with MMS in a seperate Access Point preference).
    Thanks. Meteor never made it clear what Name was, and said to set APN Type to MMS.

I don't have a separate MMS APN, but i don't really care about MMS anyhow. I've also seen recommendations to remove the battery while phone is on, waiting for 10 minutes etc? But I can't get at my battery, and it all seems a bit OTT just to reset a software setting!

I've just tried switching airplane mode on/off with these settings saved, but no joy.

boardsy wrote: »
    Thanks. Meteor never made it clear what Name was, and said to set APN Type to MMS.

I don't have a separate MMS APN, but i don't really care about MMS anyhow. I've also seen recommendations to remove the battery while phone is on, waiting for 10 minutes etc? But I can't get at my battery, and it all seems a bit OTT just to reset a software setting!

I've just tried switching airplane mode on/off with these settings saved, but no joy.
    Try again with APN type as just "default", then Airplane mode off and on. Still no luck, ring Meteor about your 3G connectivity and make sure it's enabled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Apart from the above also set:

MCC - 272
    MNC - 03
    Authentication type - PAP

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I've been wiping and resetting phones a lot recently, and I never seem to have to enter APN settings any more. I presumed they were being broadcast from the network, and got updated when the phone connects first.

I presume you've checked the simple stuff, like mobile data is turned on, no app blocking data?

Try again with APN type as just "default", then Airplane mode off and on. Still no luck, ring Meteor about your 3G connectivity and make sure it's enabled.
    Did that, no luck, tried a hard re-start (hold power button down or 10 sec) and it's all working now. Thanks for bearing with me! :cool:

Advertisement