Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waynes World

Options
  • 13-04-2003 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭

The best movie in the world. No question. Do you dent it's brilliance? DO YOU???????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

as much as i love the original the sequel was better, the "i had to beat them to death with their own shoes" line still sends me into fits every time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

nasty business really.

"a gunrack?, a gunrack? i do not own A gun, let alone many guns thast would nessesitate the need for an entire rack? what am i gonna do, wit a gunrack?"

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭artvandelay

Hope u seen "withnail and I" for that characters first apperance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by artvandelay
    Hope u seen "withnail and I" for that characters first apperance.

aye classic film and imo much beter than waynes world !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

yea i saw withnail and i for the first time recently and i was very pleasantly suprised when i saw that guy play the same character maybe he should get his own film next

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭karma kabbage

yeah both animal movies but thaere is a strong difference in the type of comedic genius! withnail and i was a black comedy with a hard hitting undertone whereas waynes world was alot lighter, the downer free version of withnail and i if you will

i always preferred the original version to the sequel but both jam packed with classic one-liners :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭artvandelay

Anyone see the orignal version of waynes world on saturday nite live ? Seen it a good while ago was pretty good, same kind of stuff thats in the film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

waynes world was class, the foxy lady scene is a gem. waynes world 2was a bit disapointing, but that evil red sherbert is still out there. hehehe the gun rack, class. which one was it when gart shocks the guy in the club, 1 or 2?..hmm must rent out both of them, too good to forget

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Is it just be or have the two movies become one in your minds?

I can remember all the scenes but I couldn't really say which movie they're in. I know the first one is about the girl and the second is the Wanyestock but thats about it...

The YMCA scene is probably the funniest thing I've ever seen though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I just adore the 2nd movie. The first one has some iconic scenes but I feel its patchier overall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Is it just me or does anyone remember a WW3 ? not the actual movie cause i dont think it was ever made, but i have a comic at home that has a advertisement for WW3 in it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

Saw the box set for sale in XtraVision for €20. Not bad for both the films :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

as much as i love the original the sequel was better, the "i had to beat them to death with their own shoes" line still sends me into fits every time

still cracks me up.

Probably best music orientated comedy, sure beats the hell out of the crap This is spinal tap

gotta agree with Sangre here. both classic movies but the lines difining them both as separate movies are pretty damn hazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Preffered the second one, it had some classic moments. Apart from the "I had to beat them to death with their own shoes" line, I think one of the best moments was when he was briefing them for the concert.

"We'll have two machine gun nests with two man teams. These babies tend to heat up so fire in controlled bursts. In the event of capture I will be distributing cyanide pills which are to be placed under the tongue like so. Any questions?"

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

"Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?"
    "No... *chuckles* NO!!! HAHAHA"
    "Uh... me neither..."

}:>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

And then there's the bit where they have to fill in all the paperwork to get the concert running and they meet the guy with one wierd coloured pupil.

"We'll have all this stuff back to you for monday. I think you'll find we have an EYE for details. That's right. No one mistake. We'll cross every "t" and all the

... lower case "j's".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭hells angels

i wouldn't go as far as to say it's the best film in the world but it is very good....IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Classic, haven't it in ages TV people have a thing about showing sequals. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kanurocks

COMPLETE AGREEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

those films are the instruction manuals to which i live my life. sheer genious.

if you book them...they will come

that quote can be given as good advice to any situation in life

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭ronano

"that's just sad"

I love Garth

i like to play

Advertisement