Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any thoughts on buying Samsung Galaxy on 3

• 25-09-2010 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hi,
    I currently have a Blackberry with Vodafone billpay and am ready to change to Android.
    I have narrowed it down to Samsung Galaxy or HTC Desire (probably the obvious options) but V don't have the Desire and I don't know when they will have it.
    I am happy to go with the Samsung based on all that I have read.
    Today, a friend suggested I look at three. So I did.

It looks like the 3 Network is pretty good - on other theads there seems to be good reports about it.
    The Flex plans look good and would possibly suit me. I have to analyse my usage a bit but I could possibly save a little there.
    However, the phone doesn't seem as well specced as Vodafone
    3 SGS has 8GB while Vodafone has 16GB as standard.
    I think I will stay with Vodafone for the bigger memory. If I add a 32GB card I will have 48GB, less what the phone itself needs, available for music/video/docs etc.
    Just wondering if there is anything else that I should consider.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭seithon

If you consider that the Galaxy S is expandable with a memory card it doesn't matter how much they throw in initially, so I'd suggest going with three and picking up a larger memory card later if you need one.

If you do decide to get a larger card I found these folks do way better prices then the local stores. > http://www.flash-memory-store.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

I am not so sure that the memory doesn't matter.
    The internal memory is flash memory and the expansion card is Micro SD.
    I suspect there are benefits of having greater internal memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I don't need all that huge space really. I have this phone on 3 and I am happy, the plans are much cheaper and easier to manage than vodafone so all in all, I would go with 3 :)

Advertisement