Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shiminay's 1.8 Realm (invitation thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Hey shiminay, any room in your server? Tried to log in the other day and couldn't :( don't want pompous raping the place and having all the fun!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Who's down for a run on the ocean monument on Saturday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

Who's down for a run on the ocean monument on Saturday night?

It's a date! I'll bring the whiskey.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Hey shiminay, any room in your server? Tried to log in the other day and couldn't :( don't want pompous raping the place and having all the fun!

I'm really sorry John, I missed your first request - I'll get you added at lunch.

Here's the access list for the Realm - the limit is 20 and we're at 19.

328214.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I don't know who put up the snotty sign about my first house, but that was just the "starter home". They say "go big or go home" ... why can't I have both? :cool:

328261.png
    328262.png
    328263.png

(It's not finished yet.)

PS: given my current level of armour etc., I'll skip the trip to the Ocean Monument. It would be a real short trip for me. :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Shiminay wrote: »
    I'm really sorry John, I missed your first request - I'll get you added at lunch.

Here's the access list for the Realm - the limit is 20 and we're at 19.

328214.jpg

Anyway of tracking activity so you can make space for others by removing those that don't play ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

If there is room for a compeate and utter noob (who will probably cause chaos through ineptitude and lack of understanding) could you please add me to the last place. John_TheProp

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Ponster wrote: »
    Anyway of tracking activity so you can make space for others by removing those that don't play ?

Yea, I have graphs showing who was online for a given time and date, so I can work off that and will start cycling people based on that if I need to.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

You can start by cycling myself out. I'm not gonna spend much time playing and best go to those who will :)

I'll let you know if I change my mind in the future :) Cheers Shiminay

Tumbleweed.gif

• Advertisement

Apparently gif don't work on boards when you reference the URL -_-

I'll see myself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mindstorms

Found one of the strongholds. See images below. There is an underground ravine that cuts through it. Not sure where the end portal is yet, will need to head back and get some supplies. Once we've taken out the water monument we'll have to take out the dragon!

End portal located - needs 9 more eyes

Edit: Entrance directly to the End Portal at -546,-593

Lol @ that bookcase in the ravine.

Is anyone coming online for the ocean monument tonight?

I've been on for a while, it's been quiet...

I've set up a teleporter at spawn to take you all to and from the End Portal.

Well there's something you don't see every day

328565.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Well that's kind of a nightmare...How you gonna get that back :/

I just stumbled across him. I killed him and about 20 of his sympathisers.

It was quite the adventure.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kronnn

Any room on the whitelist? MC name is Kronnn, used to play on the boards server and kind of want to start again ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

You can probably go ahead and take me off the list, I've only played it once because of the massive lag. Maybe if I move to a town I'll play but until then I'm bowing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭brianorourke

Actually can you add me if there's room? Never played on a realm server

Leoplureodon

I've added a bulletin board thing, next to the Mesa teleporter, so folks can say "I woz ere". Spare signs in the "Stuff" chest nearby. I suggest adding your home co-ordinates there too, so we can saunter over and admire ... whatever the heck that is. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 evifeno

I'm back on the server tonight, even if it kills me!

There's terrifying news on the new bulletin board at spawn..

The map is starting to make a bit more sense - see attachment.
    I've annotated it with places whose owners I know, I can add more if you let me know where you are on it.

For reference, crafty0204's place at top left is around 0,0, and the centre of spawn is almost two maps south and one east (around 135,225).

PS: those Martians aren't all that scary ... how could they be, in a spaceship made of dirt, wool, and snow? :cool:

329277.png

:)

wow, there'll be some serious excavation going on with that set up.

bnt wrote: »
    For reference, crafty0204's place at top left is around 0,0, and the centre of spawn is almost two maps south and one east (around 135,225).

I (crafty) wandered off in no particular direction and set up shop. It was only when I was heading off exploring that I thought to check my co-ords. 0,0 is fairly easy to remember ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

I Q'd my super pick into a lava pool because derrrrrp :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement