Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair dyed way too dark

Options
  • 20-05-2007 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭

I had my hair coloured at a hairdressers yesterday (reminds me why I usually do it myself!) and as I had been colouring my long hair myself for a while the colour was a bit patchy. To 'fix' this I agreed to go dark brown all over, which, on my head, has come out as black. I don't know what went wrong but the shade on my head is far darker than the sample.

Any ideas on how to get this out (or a couple of shades lighter) short of having it stripped by a hairdresser? The last time I had colour stripped out at a salon she left me with ginger hair. If I leave it long enough and go over it with a mid-brown permanent colour will it lift the black?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

If you don't like it you go back and ask them to fix it. You should never leave unsatisfied and pay for work you're not happy with. Return and ask for a different stylist to fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 naturalessence_

Go back to the salon as op said, they are obliged to "fix" it for you. This happened to me a few weeks ago, they completely missed my roots, I rang the salon first & asked to speak with the manager, I explained what had happened & she told me to come back in, the manager then redid my hair herself & gave me a free voucher worth €100! It was well worth it in the end. They know that bad news travels faster than good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

i find that happens even when u dye your hair yourself! yea defo go back and complain. same thing happened to my friend and she got it done a second time. have to admit, it looked amazing when she got it fixed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It usually gets lighter after a few washes. When I used dye my hair dark, it'd start off nearly black, and within a few weks would be bronze (due to existing blonde coming through).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Ruthee

apparently using head and shoulders shampoo can strip the colour from your hair..i just read this on a beauty forum a while back. But i still say go back to your hairdresser..

Disclaimer:i have never done this so take no responsiblility for what happens..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭little miss

Ruthee wrote:
    apparently using head and shoulders shampoo can strip the colour from your hair..i just read this on a beauty forum a while back. But i still say go back to your hairdresser..

Disclaimer:i have never done this so take no responsiblility for what happens..

Now that's one thing they don't tell you on the adverts!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Yup - my sister swears by the head and shoulders thing.
    BUT do go back!! They should fix it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

^^^ agreed!!

Advertisement