Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spots After Waxing??

• 11-05-2007 2:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Hey

I got my back (extremley hairy back) waxed yesterday and it is after breaking out in spots. :eek: Not little red blood spots but proper acne/whiteheads spots!

Has anybody ever got these before or does anybody have any suggestions of how to get rid of them???

all feeback will be much appreciated!:D

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

There could be a couple of reasons for this.

If you are sensitive (rather than allergic) to the wax used then it's possible that you are experiencing a slight reaction.

If it was one of your first times waxing it may just be that the follicles are not used to that sort of rough treatment and as a result of being opened so quickly they get exposed to bacteria and this and the subsequent immune response causes the spot to breakout.

Be sure to exfoliate the skin on your back when you shower, use a brush or cloth, this will help prevent clogged follicles thus cleaning them out and at the same time preventing ingrown hairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

The ONLY way to get rid of these is exfoliate exfoliate exfoliate!

The hairs growing back get caught under the skin and continue to grow and
    get red. Sometimes they can also get infected which sounds like what is happening to you.

Purchase a loofah cloth/ball thing and everytime you shower just scrub like mad.
    It is easier if your other half does it for you!
    http://www.brazilia.ie/maletips.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hey all,
    I'm a guy with a pretty hairy back and was wondering can anyone recommend a good place in town more geared towards men and getting their back waxed?

Cheers,
    M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

thehamo wrote:
    Hey

I got my back (extremley hairy back) waxed yesterday and it is after breaking out in spots. :eek: Not little red blood spots but proper acne/whiteheads spots!

Has anybody ever got these before or does anybody have any suggestions of how to get rid of them???

all feeback will be much appreciated!:D

Cheers

This sometimes happens because your pores are still open after waxing and canget clogged up pretty badly. Exfoliating is the best way to get rid of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

madmoe wrote:
    Hey all,
    I'm a guy with a pretty hairy back and was wondering can anyone recommend a good place in town more geared towards men and getting their back waxed?

Cheers,
    M

Brazilia and Urban Wax (both on south william st) specialize in waxing and cater for men and women.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭DD

I heard it too. Yes, I think its normal to have ur skin there a little irritated for few days, try to clean the area very good and they will go away.
    On arms u can get them too ..but i think it depends on the type of the skin and hair if u do the arms as well.
    Good that its not happening in there ......u know ...

Advertisement