Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheels not sounding the best

Options
  • 31-03-2014 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I have a set of 60mm deep rim wheels (planet x - clinchers), that are standing to make a slight vibrating/rattling noise which is worse when out of the saddle any giving it a bit of side to side action.

I havent really noticed it on the back, just the front wheel. spokes are all tight.
    any other suggestions as to what it could be ? if so, how does one fix it :-)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

miller82 wrote: »
    Hey folks,

I have a set of 60mm deep rim wheels (planet x - clinchers), that are standing to make a slight vibrating/rattling noise which is worse when out of the saddle any giving it a bit of side to side action.

I havent really noticed it on the back, just the front wheel. spokes are all tight.
    any other suggestions as to what it could be ? if so, how does one fix it :-)

Thanks

Loose QR Skewer ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Loose QR Skewer ??

I dont think so no. its always fairly wedged when i try to open it again. having said that, it does get used a fair bit. I'm not sure if it can be tight but some how still rattle/vibrate ??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Swap out the wheel and make certain that it is not some other part of the bike. Possibly also the valve rattling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Raam wrote: »
    Swap out the wheel and make certain that it is not some other part of the bike. Possibly also the valve rattling.

i'll give that a go as well. thanks.

Advertisement