Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North-midlands cycling suggestions

Options
  • 31-03-2014 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭

Driving from Donegal to Dublin this weekend, thought I could break up the trip with a spin somewhere nice. Anyone any suggestions?

The route isn't fixed, so anywhere around Enniskillen, Cavan, Monaghan or Longford would be good. Meath is out, do enough cycling there already.

Any particularly cycling-friendly scenic spots that people are familiar with, and could recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I've done a few routes around Leitrim. No end of small lanes there to get lost in. Also includes a nice climb, although the surface is sketchy. I will dig it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭leCycliste

Park up at the slieve russell hotel in ballyconnell, head out for bawnbawn direction and tackle glengavlen pass, R200 is the road you're after!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

As above, Ballyconnell, Glan, Slievenakilla, Ballinamore and back. Can be extended or shortened as required. Its mainly on back roads with two fantastic climbs.

http://www.strava.com/activities/85942716

Top of Slievenakilla -

9006943639_0c3c08122f_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭buffalo

Cheers lads/lassies, all good suggestions!

Advertisement