Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing? (and looking forward to?) - Post Winter Edition.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I only play on PC and am currently playing:

Skyrim (almost 60 hours in, level 29 IIRC, and I'd be confident of getting another 60 hours out of it, which might equate to another 2 1/2 months at the rate I play)
    And Yet It Moves
    Rochard

I've lots of completely unplayed Steam games I need to consider when Skyrim is finished; what would people recommend from this short list of 'the best' unplayed games in my library? Thinking about a strategy game to begin with maybe:

Shogun 2: Total War
    Napoleon: Total War
    Empire: Total War
    Dawn of War 2 / Dow2: Chaos Rising
    Metro 2033
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Bastion
    Crysis Warhead
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Saints Row 2

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ionapaul wrote: »
    I only play on PC and am currently playing:

Skyrim (almost 60 hours in, level 29 IIRC, and I'd be confident of getting another 60 hours out of it, which might equate to another 2 1/2 months at the rate I play)
    And Yet It Moves
    Rochard

I've lots of completely unplayed Steam games I need to consider when Skyrim is finished; what would people recommend from this short list of 'the best' unplayed games in my library? Thinking about a strategy game to begin with maybe:

Shogun 2: Total War
    Napoleon: Total War
    Empire: Total War
    Dawn of War 2 / Dow2: Chaos Rising
    Metro 2033
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Bastion
    Crysis Warhead
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Saints Row 2

Metro 2033, then stalker, but put oblivion lost or full mod on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

I'm finishing off the achievements for both Mass Effects for the third game next week and i'm planning to finish up Modern Warfare 2 and Splinter Cell Double Agent so I can get some discount on Mass Effect 3!

Looking forward to:

March: Mass Effect 3

April: Gears of War 3 (last DLC)

October: GTA V

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Waiting til I get my new PC in May before really getting stuck into anything new and shiny, so have been catching up with a few long bought indie titles on Steam. Namely; Defense Grid, Limbo, Bastion, as well as the new version of the Third Age mod for Med II Total War.

Looking forward to playing lots of releases from the past six months in May, including Skyrim and Arkham City. As for newer titles not out yet, I'm looking forward to Max Payne 3, Bioshock Infinite, Prey 2... hmm, all sequels!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Neverdead, Catherine and Grand Slam Tennis 2.

Looking forward to an array of unusual suspects.. basically anything that's not hyped and I turn takes a walloping from the reviewers / reaps fück all so I am pleasantly surprised instead of disappointed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Playing: BF3

Hope to finish Duke.

Looking forward to the new Max Payne, the new GTA, and the new Hitman.

Really hoping the new Hitman will be good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Playing:
    HALO Reach
    Radiant Historia
    Xenoblade Chronicles

Looking forward to:
    The Last Story
    Devil Survivor 2
    Mass Effect 3
    Operation Raccoon City
    Resident Evil 6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Playing
    I Am Alive
    Shoot Many Robots
    Assassin's Creed Revelations

Looking Forward to
    Batman Arkham City Game of the Year or whatever edition they release that bundles all of the dlc/ costumes etc into 1 package thank you very much.
    Street Fighter X Tekken - still haven't made my mind up though...

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

Currently Playing:
    Bastion
    Battlefield 3

Played, but didn't finish:
    Serious Sam 3 (Got 25% of the way through!)
    Assassins Creed: Revelations (as above, maybe 25%)
    Empire: Total War (Played 1 hour; didn't like it!)

Yet to play: (Waiting patiently in my Steam list!)
    Skyrim
    The Witcher 1 & 2
    Anno 1404
    Stalker 1 & 2

Looking forward to:
    Max Payne 3
    Mass Effect 3
    Bioshock Infinite
    ArmA 3
    The new Doublefine game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭lasersquad

The only Western game I could honestly say I`m looking forward to is Dishonored from Arkane. Truly originall IP, hope they won`t spoil it with some insane online pass scheme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Overheal wrote: »
    Civ V. Goodbye life.
    If you think that's bad, I just started on Crusader Kings II. Between that and SWTOR, I really don't have time for any other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Playing

Mass Effect 2
    Borderlands
    Skyrim
    The Witcher
    Crusader Kings II
    Shank

Looking forward to

Mass Effect 3
    SSX
    Bioshock Infinite
    GTA V

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Playing: FO:New vegas (the expansions), Uncharted 3 and some regulars like wipeout and super stardust on PS3, Bowser inside story on the DS and random IOS games that I download and then delete 10 minutes later when I realise how shallow that platform has become.

Looking forward: Guild wars 2 (I loved the original), Playing Skyrim when I get my new PC. Borderlands 2 will take precedent when it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Playing:
    Resident Evil Revelations
    Jurassic Park
    The Binding of Isaac

Looking forward to:
    Assassins Creed III
    SSX (whenever I manage to get it)
    Borderlands 2
    Hearing more about Wii-U

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Still playing Skyrim on PS3, but should probably finish Fallout: NV and God of War 2 so I can play GOW 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Playing Borderlands at the moment. It's good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Just started Mass Effect, hopefully it lives up to its reputation.
    Playing:

Jurassic Park

How is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

marko93 wrote: »
    Just started Mass Effect, hopefully it lives up to its reputation.

How is it?
    It's an unusual game. Combination of point and click, and QTE sequences. I'm still kinda enjoying it though!
    It also has some problems with ATI cards, so shadows and DoF have to be turned low/off, or else the game randomly freezes graphically every so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

It's an unusual game. Combination of point and click, and QTE sequences. I'm still kinda enjoying it though!
    It also has some problems with ATI cards, so shadows and DoF have to be turned low/off, or else the game randomly freezes graphically every so often.

Hmmm, if I ever find myself in possession of a somewhat decent computer, then I'll look into it :)
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Playing Dead Space 2 on PS3. When went to save it on Sunday night, I saw my previous save was from mid January. I really need to play more. Would help in clearing the backlog.

Don't think there are any games I'm looking forward to, though am looking forward to finding out more about and seeing more of the Wii U.

• Advertisement
Advertisement