Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (HONOURS) COMPUTING SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT CW248 (Carlow IT)

Options
  • 29-11-2014 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have put this course down on my CAO form for 2015 and was wondering if anyone else is currently doing or completed this course? What programming language do I need to know and also any book recommendations for this course would be great? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Here is some information I found on the forum related to that degree: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91785331. I hope this will help things along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

You will learn java in first year. You don't need to know it before hand but if you had a grasp of it it would probably stand to you as a lot of people find it difficult.

The recommended book I think is Java in Two Semesters. But everything you need for the course is in the notes the lecturer makes available. Same with all other modules.

If programming is something you'd like to do though I'd advise considering switching to software development after first year depending on how you find the java. First year will be common between the courses anyway so its very easy to switch over. But after first year I'm not sure there's a whole lot of programming in that Systems Management course. It seems very business/administration based.

Advertisement