Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music on fm104

Options
  • 25-09-2014 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Anyone else noticed the music has gotten quite crap of late? Heard Andy Prestom play The Eagles and Sinead o Connor the other day.Then Ben Murray some song that sounded like it belonged back in the 70's.

Music policy is all over the shop.

Dublin's HIT music station? Would make you wonder.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Those songs were hits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Anyone else noticed the music has gotten quite crap of late? Heard Andy Prestom play The Eagles and Sinead o Connor the other day.Then Ben Murray some song that sounded like it belonged back in the 70's.

Music policy is all over the shop.

Dublin's HIT music station? Would make you wonder.

Carlsberg don't do playlists but if they did it would be FM104s playlist. Have you listened to the playlist at other stations? At least they play what they are meant to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

They throw in 1 or 2 older tracks every hour or two. Very different playlist to Spin's. FM104 are targeting a broader age group from 15-35. This can be seen in the JNLR results.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 PureDaycent

They have always done that. Current hits and one or two oldies. Breaks it up nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Captian Swashbuckle

bbability wrote: »
    Carlsberg don't do playlists but if they did it would be FM104s playlist. Have you listened to the playlist at other stations? At least they play what they are meant to play.

Totally agree. FM 104 has always been consistent. They know who they are and who they want. #1 in Dublin for 11-12 years now?

98 FM have changed focus over the years more times than I care to remember and look at the damage it has done. They still sound confused who they're targeting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

So, I had the misfortune of being in late today and the office radio was set to FM104...I honestly thing they have the worst playlist in Dublin by a long shot. I lost track of how many times I heard Justin Timberlake, Zara Larsson and Adele. For a station that "don't repeat the same songs" they sure repeat the same songs a lot. And even when it wasn't one of those overplayed songs it was some other crap song...at least change it up a bit.

Advertisement