Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the word I'm looking for ??

• 25-03-2014 8:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

What's the word for
    The person you put in charge if your things ,money house car while your fit and healthy on the off chance you get sick .?
    Does there have to be two people and do you have to make a decision to act on it with a solicitor ?
    I hope I make sense .im a bit well ,dizzy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

cathy01 wrote: »
    What's the word for
    The person you put in charge if your things ,money house car while your fit and healthy on the off chance you get sick .?
    Does there have to be two people and do you have to make a decision to act on it with a solicitor ?
    I hope I make sense .im a bit well ,dizzy

Executor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

A trustee? The committee of a ward?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

Enduring power of attorney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

234 wrote: »
    Enduring power of attorney.

Holy moly .i thought it was enduring power of attorney but ill look up all the others and see.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 stonecarver

executor is normally where the person has died, they execute the testators wishes.
    Power of attourney means they can sign legal documents on your behalf.
    Depends on what type of sickness, if a person becomes mentally unsound/mentally sick a court order will be needed, (if your gone crazy its hard to legally do or undo anything as you are not mentally sound to make the decision) at least that's some stuff I remember from law school years ago. Info from citizens advise can be dodgy once you get into the nitty gritty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,709 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

The instrument you're thinking of - the document you sign - is called an enduring power of attorney, and the person you appoint to this position is called your attorney. Despite the name, they don't have to be a lawyer, and they usually aren't.

You do not have to have two attorneys, but you do have to have two other people who have to be told before the attorney can actually exercise the power, so they can challenge the attorney if they think, in fact, that you are not incapacitatated, and the exercise of the power is improper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Thanks everyone, :)

Advertisement