Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Yeah, but when you look at it it was necessary, as he gets the ball and then has to wait until the rest of the team follow.

His passing isn't slow, but he does hold the ball up too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Dundee saying they want 2 million for Goodwillie.
    For a player who very well may be convicted in a short while :D

Deluded little clubs (Same goes for Hearts and their mad owner)
    Goodwillie doesn't play for Dundee??!!!!!!

I see the warchest is well and truly opened, a 50k bid made for Ricky Foster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Don't need a warchest anyway. Got Davie Weir, everything will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Is that true? A laughable offer if it is for a player who made 24 SPL and European appearances last season.

That can't be accurate, there must be a 0 missing from that figure...surely?

Goodwillie doesn't play for Dundee??!!!!!!

Then who does he play for ? :pac:

Don't really see why we should offer much for Foster, I wasn't impressed when he was at Rangers.
    Clearly it's an offer to bring him in to fill up the numbers, as he won't be a first choice player.

The Sun are reporting a 6-year deal with McGregor has been made.
    And Davis has been offered a 5-year deal, according to the Daily Mail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

'Horrible person' ?
    You know him then ?

The hypocrisy once again is staggering.
    At least Diouf never attacked his team-mate with a golf-club, or kicked his team-mate in the face (unlike certain Celtic 'legends').

He behaved impeccably when at Rangers, never got baited by the disgraceful treatment of Celtic and the Scottish press, was always friendly with fans (even those of some other teams),...

Whatever you say mate.:rolleyes:

We'll ignore his sending off, constant harrassment of referees, refusal to leave the pitch when sent off, having a pop at Lenny, shouldering a physio running onto the pitch etc...

He's really a good guy and only gets angry when someone disrespects him by rubbing his head.

Whatever you say mate.:rolleyes:

We'll ignore his sending off, constant harrassment of referees, refusal to leave the pitch when sent off, having a pop at Lenny, shouldering a physio running onto the pitch etc...

He's really a good guy and only gets angry when someone disrespects him by rubbing his head.

- His sending off after the final whistle you mean ?
    - 'Constant harrassment of referees', what the hell are you on about ?
    - He did leave the pitch when sent off, he just decided to take a little detour :D
    - You seem to forget it was 'Lenny' who left his technical area to have a go at Diouf.

Aye, those are all things a horrible person would do.

Official site now confirms it: McGregor and Whittaker have signed long-term deals, 6 and 5 years respectively.

Official site now confirms it: McGregor and Whittaker have signed long-term deals, 6 and 5 years respectively.

I thought 5 years was the longest you could sign for under FIFA or UEFA rules?

McGregor is a top class keeper, you'll get good money for him in the next 6 months.

Bigger wages than normal too, 26k/w I heard (Which makes about 8 million over 6 years).

So if anyone wants him they're gonna have to pay.
    Apparently Davis has been offered a 5 year deal too.

• Advertisement

Is that true? A laughable offer if it is for a player who made 24 SPL and European appearances last season.

That can't be accurate, there must be a 0 missing from that figure...surely?
    Nope, that's the price.
    Then who does he play for ? :pac:
    He plays for Dundee United.

So in short Dundee.
    Nobody gives a **** about Dundee FC :pac:

Bigger wages than normal too, 26k/w I heard (Which makes about 8 million over 6 years).

So if anyone wants him they're gonna have to pay.
    Apparently Davis has been offered a 5 year deal too.
    Great news. The back bone to the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Anyone know how the Smith kid from Cork is doing? Any possibility of him breaking through?

Last I heard he's about to break through in the U19's.

Craig Whyte has met with Harry Redknapp regarding loan deals for Jake Livermore and Bongani Khumalo

So in short Dundee.
    Nobody gives a **** about Dundee FC :pac:
    Dundee United is who Goodwillie plays for.

As for Dundee FC, Albert Kidd CSC :D

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Have ye started a pre-season tour yet? Or where have ye planned having one?

In Germany at the moment, playing Sportfreunde Lotte, Bochum, Leverkusen and then back across for Linfield, Blackpool and Chelsea at Ibrox (Although the last one is when the season has already started).

edit: I heard Juanma Ortiz is in Germany, playing with Rangers.

JUAN MANUEL ORTIZ was sold on a move to Rangers by Carlos Cuellar - then told his fellow Spaniard to come and join him at Ibrox.

The 29-year-old midfielder spent two years playing on loan at Osasuna while he was contracted to Atletico Madrid between 2004 and 2006.

During his time with Los Rojillos, he teamed up with Cuellar, who later went on to spend a year with Gers in the 2007/08 campaign.

Ortiz turned to Cuellar for advice when the chance to come to the SPL champions arose and he was given a glowing recommendation.

Now he hopes his former colleague can go on to secure a move back to Glasgow as the Light Blues look to build a bigger squad under Ally McCoist.

The club has been locked in discussions with Villa about the possible transfer of Cuellar back to Scotland.

So far no agreement has been made with the Premiership side but Ortiz hopes that can change as he looks to settle into his new surroundings.

He said: "When the chance came up to come to Rangers, I spoke to Carlos about it and he only had good things to say.

"He told me the club is massive and that he was very, very happy here so he told me it was a move I should make.

"Carlos is a good player and I know Rangers have been interested in signing him again so it would be good if that happened.

"I would be delighted about that. Apart from him being an ex-team mate of mine, we are friends and he is an excellent player."

First signing, welcome to Scotland's bestestest club Juan :cool:

First signing, welcome to Scotland's bestestest club Juan :cool:
    He's Juan more guy who won't be allowed to bless himself, not aggresively anyway

• Advertisement

Because Spanish = Catholic ?

Ignore it, Just another nonsense from a celtic fan.

Anyway, great video this is.

I see Rangers were beaten by Sportfreunde Lotte in McCoist's first game in charge...out of interest why was a friendly organised against such a tiny obscure team? Are there any links between the 2 clubs (I'm assuming there may be a British army base nearby)?

Not that I know.
    Just a friendly in a series of 3 in Germany.

First Lotte, now Bochum and next up Leverkusen, guess they're working their way up from a small team to a Bundesliga team.
    The fact we lost 3-0 to Bochum probably means it's gonna be 6-0 against Leverkusen :p

gloryvbheasts090711pert.jpg

:D

Not that I know.
    Just a friendly in a series of 3 in Germany.

First Lotte, now Bochum and next up Leverkusen, guess they're working their way up from a small team to a Bundesliga team.
    The fact we lost 3-0 to Bochum probably means it's gonna be 6-0 against Leverkusen :p

I reckon McGregor will get the full 90 minutes against Leverkusen, apparently he was taken off for Alexander in both games when the scores were 0-0.

I'm sure if Rangers are still in the game at half time McCoist will leave McGregor on, it is just pre-season but a run of defeats doesn't help any team.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    gloryvbheasts090711pert.jpg

:D

What a terrible error, I thought everyone knew that the real name should be "THE Rangers"?

A good wind up though, fair play.

I reckon McGregor will get the full 90 minutes against Leverkusen, apparently he was taken off for Alexander in both games when the scores were 0-0.

I'm sure if Rangers are still in the game at half time McCoist will leave McGregor on, it is just pre-season but a run of defeats doesn't help any team.

Most likely, I think Leverkusen will be the first game where we get to see the first choice team for the whole game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14120006.stm

Just how serious are you guys after Kenny Miller? It shows a serious lack of imagination on the part of McCoist and would be a pretty big gamble, Miller had such an amazing spell before leaving last season that he realistically can't been expected to match it another time around, in all likelihood he will be less impressive so it would just be a question of how much less. There would be serious pressure and expectation on his shoulders which he didn't really have last season and he have to expect to at least match the wages of top earners at the club.

On top of that he's approaching 32 so his one big asset, his pace, will progressively begin begin to deteriorate and should his return spell flop, Rangers would have a highly paid 32 year old on their books on presumably a decent length contract who would extremely hard to sell on. Seems to me like a risk on a player who was a great goalscorer for a period of just 5 months out of a total of about 7 or 8 years in Scottish football.

I'm happy enough seeing his name mentioned rather than Whyte promising to stump up the cash for Goodwillie.

• Advertisement

I don't have the feeling that this is a realistic or even major interest.
    I believe we enquired about him, but don't think we'll follow up on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement