Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bank that has no money

Options
  • 18-06-2010 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

I went into the National Irish Bank in Swords today to cash my monthly cheque only to find that it had been redecorated beautifully and has turned into a cashless bank. They had no money to cash my cheque. I mean i know the banks are in a bad way but to get rid of money altogether. Whats that all about!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

Mother of Jazus i've heard it all now. Here is hoping it will stop with them. :mad:

Thanks for the info bennyob

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

TBH i cant remember the last time i went and lodged cash into my account or withdrew cash in there so it wouldnt be an issue. Your cheque couldnt have been cashed straight away anyways as has to clear unless drawn on the same branch. You could then use your atm card and take out the money easy enough.

Its costs the bank a huge amount of money to maintain a cash facility in the bank mainly in the terms of security and maintaining regulations in terms of holding money. There is also the training of staff in handling of money, paying to transport money to and from the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Cerocco wrote: »
    I went into the National Irish Bank in Swords today to cash my monthly cheque only to find that it had been redecorated beautifully and has turned into a cashless bank. They had no money to cash my cheque. I mean i know the banks are in a bad way but to get rid of money altogether. Whats that all about!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

Did you not get there mailing? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement