Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing CC's

Options
  • 17-06-2010 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering, i have a cc with a balance of about €2,500 on it, can i ask my cc company to close this card at this balance now and i can continue to pay it off but i can not it use anymore, is this possible or can i only close it when cc is cleared?

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Dont think it works like that, you could ask them to blcok the card so you cant use it and then pay it off but they wont close the account until the balance is paid in full because the interest will still be rolling on the balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hi, just wondering, i have a cc with a balance of about €2,500 on it, can i ask my cc company to close this card at this balance now and i can continue to pay it off but i can not it use anymore, is this possible or can i only close it when cc is cleared?

Thanks!!!

Why not just cut up the card and continue to pay it off ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Thanks jaysoose, i think that would do just right for me!
    I'll ring them up and ask if they can block me from using it lol.

Also i know the numbers off by heart so that just wouldnt work for me :-)

Thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Report it lost. Request replacement. Cut up replacement before remembering numbers.

Advertisement