Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fixed term up - to fix again or not....

Options
  • 15-06-2010 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hi there,

I bought an apartment this time last year and took out a fixed term mortgage (I thought it was for 2 years but the bank say it was only for 1 year) which is expiring at the end of this month.

I am currently with ESB.

Do people suggest I fix again for a longer period or leave it as variable. I plan on living in the apartment myself probably for the next 3/4 years and then (hopefully) release some equity to build on a plot of land down the country and rent the apartment out. I am not on a massive wage and do think that I'd like to fix again however, I dont want to be paying over the odds if variable rates are not going to increase....

Please let me know what you think.

Comments

I'd never fix to be honest, I can't see the banks not covering themselves. Fingers crossed on the equity, I bought 5 years ago (didn't think it was that long ago) and don't expect much equity to be there in 3 / 4 years :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭MRBEAVER

niamh4626 wrote: »

I am currently with ESB.

didn't realise that they did mortgages. Why not make the big switch to Bord Gais for better rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭niamh4626

MRBEAVER wrote: »
    didn't realise that they did mortgages. Why not make the big switch to Bord Gais for better rates.

That should have read EBS smart ar5e!!!!!!!! Good spot!;)

Advertisement