Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving alone with Learner permit

• 26-03-2014 6:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hey lads, just wondering is it legal for driver who holds learner permit with 12 lessons done driving on the road alone? Im 17 btw. If not what would happend if get caught by the garda?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

nope, and IF you were caught you could be liable for a 1000euro fine. But its a big if...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭IrishRebels

Is it rare to get caught tho? I mean lots of people that I know drives with L permit alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Is it rare to get caught tho? I mean lots of people that I know drives with L permit alone

Take a trip to your local District Court and see that a fair few people are up for this very charge. Driving with out a full driver is driving without a licence simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭BenRowe

Hey lads, just wondering is it legal for driver who holds learner permit with 12 lessons done driving on the road alone? Im 17 btw. If not what would happend if get caught by the garda?
    anyone who does not know what learner permit with 12 lessons done driving allows should not be driving at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Also check your insurance, you will likely only have 3rd party if driving alone. Now given your 17, you're probably driving a sh!t-wagon around with 3rd party only anyway but just incase...

Also at 17 and in possession of a pair (or even one) testicle you will have zero idea about your driving limits, if you are going to drive on your own be very, very careful. If you think its a safe speed halve it, if you think its a safe stopping distance double it. Speed limits are a maximum not a target.

• Advertisement

Ya so in short sentences so that I shouldn't drive alone so....

Thanks for the advice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Ya so in short sentences so that I shouldn't drive alone so....

No, you sohuldn't, but like that's going to stop you! :P

When you eventually get pulled by the guards, be polite, civil and understand they are only doing their job, and you might, MIGHT, get away with it. Not driving like a knob and making sure your car is in good repair will drastically cut your chances of being pulled. Get your test done ASAP.

Being properly insured, NCT'd and taxed goes without saying.

Ok cool, thank you very much for the info!

Advertisement