Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harassed for 2 hospital bills...

Options
  • 27-03-2014 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Right so, way back a good few years ago, I was mugged and beaten up one evening out in town. So I went to A&E as usual and signed in. I was told due to it being busy, and as I live in Meath, I would be quicker going to the A&E in Navan the following morning. So I was never seen in the Mater. The following day, I went into Navan and was seen.

a few months later I got two bills...one from the mater and one from Navan (on separate occasions) both totalling 100.00 euro each, even though I wasn't seen in the Mater. So I rang them up and it was agreed that I pay the navan bill.

All of a sudden, I've been receiving letters of a threatening nature from some company ( I won't name) 3 times, and their now calling my house. Are they allowed to do this? What should I do. I tried explaining to them and the girl started shouting down the phone so I hung up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭psalbmb

** if anyone has experienced anything like this, I did read previously about sending an email to them, but I wouldn't know where to start. any ideas guys or samples?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

psalbmb wrote: »
    ** if anyone has experienced anything like this, I did read previously about sending an email to them, but I wouldn't know where to start. any ideas guys or samples?

sent a registered letter explaining your position with proof of payment.

secondly include in your letter the way you were treated and unacceptable it is.

finally register a letter to both acting mangers in questions of both hospitals .

hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Sounds like 2 complete separate issues / bills you paid one and one still outstanding ,
    Have you contacted the mater patient account department at all and explained you weren't actually seen and advised by staff to attend another hospital at all

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭psalbmb

No I haven't contacted them as I've been very busy with work etc (I no thats not an excuse), so what exactly should I do? and whom should I contact in relation to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Sounds like a dodgy debt collection agency. You can report them for harassment but what I would do is ask them to hold while you turn off the kettle and let them on hold until they hang up.

They should get the message. They have no legal right to any money no matter what they tell you so just ignore them till they go away

• Advertisement
Advertisement