Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ps3 and Ps4 battlefield 4 thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

This is piss poor from Sony:

Quote:
    USB Headsets Won't Work At Launch

But a patch will be released to fix that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

mozattack wrote: »
    This is piss poor from Sony:

Quote:
    USB Headsets Won't Work At Launch

But a patch will be released to fix that.

Meh. Doesn't it come with a jack input headset anyways? That surely will tide everyone over

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Meh. Doesn't it come with a jack input headset anyways? That surely will tide everyone over

What does that mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

What does that mean?
    That the headset it ships with will make do until it's patched.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Am I the only one who thinks the water looks piss poor on ps3?

• Advertisement

Soby wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks the water looks piss poor on ps3?

It looks good from far away. Looks crap enough when you are in the actual water. Although with everything that is going on in a game on a console that is 7/8 years old I'll let this gen graphics away with it.

It looks good from far away. Looks crap enough when you are in the actual water. Although with everything that is going on in a game on a console that is 7/8 years old I'll let this gen graphics away with it.

aye wouldnt imagine they put their blood and sweat into this gen's graphics , suppose it will make the ps4 look even better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Might as well add my name, genisis87, to the list. Think I've the majority here added on PSN as it is. Although I won't be about until the PS4 version I've got a few days off around release so will be on a good bit. In between my ResOgun sessions of course :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Why do some people think that camping on a roof will help in conquest :/

Got that annoying glitch where all I can use is a hand gun again.

CptMackey wrote: »
    Why do some people think that camping on a roof will help in conquest :/

Got that annoying glitch where all I can use is a hand gun again.

Love when you're in a server, you're losing, you have less players on your team, its Rouge Transmission and you have three players on the massive towers and one in a jet just circle jerking the map killing one person every 10 minutes between the four of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

MarkY91 wrote: »
    hello sirs.

long time call of duty fan looking to buy BF4 when i get my PS4. im sick of activision copy and pasting a new game so im going to give your precious battlefield a go :3

I'm with you there bud. I've played around an hour of battlefield 3 online and I didn't have a f*ckin clue what I was doing. But I'm pure sick of COD so activision can do one as far as I'm concerned. I'm going over to battlefield as noob as f*ck and hopefully it'll be a bit of craic..

GerB40 wrote: »
    I'm with you there bud. I've played around an hour of battlefield 3 online and I didn't have a f*ckin clue what I was doing. But I'm pure sick of COD so activision can do one as far as I'm concerned. I'm going over to battlefield as noob as f*ck and hopefully it'll be a bit of craic..

You wont have a clue what is going on to begin with. But at least you will die less. And If you have a mic I've found people to be much more accommodating and helpful in BF than in CoD. Ya ask for some help and such and you'll get it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Tooshjr81

After reading the posts i see guys looking to play as part of a squad. I lead a semi competitive (50+ member) platoon in bf3 and I'm looking for more Irish guys to run with us on bf4. We just squad up casually at the minute but i will be hitting a competitive side after the release of the ps4. I was the only Irish guy in my platoon in bf3 and I'd like to change that for bf4. My psn is tooshjr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Love when you're in a server, you're losing, you have less players on your team, its Rouge Transmission and you have three players on the massive towers and one in a jet just circle jerking the map killing one person every 10 minutes between the four of them.

Ya this wrecks my head. My squad last night on zavod the tank factory were all snipers when we were losing. There were up on the top of the building over c and were killing feck all .

Why just why. Helps big time to have a competent squad.

Still all n all I'm loving it. Engineer all the way and support then depending on the map with some assualt thrown in for good measure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

You wont have a clue what is going on to begin with. But at least you will die less. And If you have a mic I've found people to be much more accommodating and helpful in BF than in CoD. Ya ask for some help and such and you'll get it :)

If I wasn't sold on bf4 before, I am now. I like playing tactically as part of a team but with COD it's mainly just 15 year old Americans calling everyone a fággot. Muting everyone makes tactical play much harder..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭allybhoy

How does the game play on PS3 lads compared to say BF3?
    I was going to wait for a PS4 before buying it but im itching to play it now. From what ive read and seen online everyone seems to say that the PS3 version is fairly poor as the game simply isnt designed for it but im thinking i might just bite the bullet and get it, if only to just get a handle on the maps and layouts for the PS4.

Are you guys also going to get it for PS4? Isnt there a way you can pick it up on the PS3 and then get some sort of rebate if you buy it for PS3?

allybhoy wrote: »
    How does the game play on PS3 lads compared to say BF3?
    I was going to wait for a PS4 before buying it but im itching to play it now. From what ive read and seen online everyone seems to say that the PS3 version is fairly poor as the game simply isnt designed for it but im thinking i might just bite the bullet and get it, if only to just get a handle on the maps and layouts for the PS4.

Are you guys also going to get it for PS4? Isnt there a way you can pick it up on the PS3 and then get some sort of rebate if you buy it for PS3?

It has its issues but the good outweight the bad for sure. I've sunk 25 hours into it in 9 days and could do more if I didnt have the drawback of having to work and play with the children!

It is very rough around the edges but at the end of the day it is still battlefield and the changes they have made to classes make this a better game long term

On the topic of snipers, yes I agree, what dopes there camping away.

Good idea guys, equip mortar and that removes them fairly fast, especially on Zavod.

All snipers should have to watch a Sgt. Enigma video and then realise that sniping isn't sitting back 400 metres popping off a target every 10 mins.

On the topic of snipers, yes I agree, what dopes there camping away.

Good idea guys, equip mortar and that removes them fairly fast, especially on Zavod.

All snipers should have to watch a Sgt. Enigma video and then realise that sniping isn't sitting back 400 metres popping off a target every 10 mins.

Or a jet that locks onto their spawn beacon :D

Question:. Battlefield premium is a set price of 49.99 regardless of currency. So $49.99 dollars is 36 euro. Anyyway we can buy it through the US store and it will work. Or any websites reflecting this and selling it for 36 euro or can we buy a US PSN credit for 40 dollars ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Question:. Battlefield premium is a set price of 49.99 regardless of currency. So $49.99 dollars is 36 euro. Anyyway we can buy it through the US store and it will work. Or any websites reflecting this and selling it for 36 euro or can we buy a US PSN credit for 40 dollars ?

Bypassing geo/market restrictions is a bannable offence according to EA. Whether they enforce it or not remains to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

I would imagine that has more to do with trying to get access to games that are banned in certain countries, for example Battlefield is banned in Iran.
    I doubt they'd be too worried about what you're trying to do, having said that it's at your own risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Abominable JoMan

chickenboy wrote: »
    PSN is fuzziedunlop200. Preferably rush but up for any game modes!

Fuzziedunlop? Where have I heard that, is it The Wire? If so man you deserve an add on psn! Even though I don't actually have battlefield!

On now myself Conquest or Rush.

On now myself Conquest or Rush.

PSN?

mhm see sig :)

mhm see sig :)

I have sigs off and I don't know how or particularly want to turn em on :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I have sigs off and I don't know how or particularly want to turn em on :pac:

User CP, options, show visible elements.

Meanwhile, here's some PS4 streaming to Vita footage of BF4:

http://kotaku.com/see-battlefield-4-running-on-ps4-remote-play-1462507940

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Fuzziedunlop? Where have I heard that, is it The Wire? If so man you deserve an add on psn! Even though I don't actually have battlefield!

Yup, everyone's favourite made-up source! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Geo355 is my tag. Fairly useless at the game but first time playing shooting game online. Played about an hour of BF3. Really just enjoy planting mines for unsuspecting tanks to go blamo when I'm other side of the map!

The wired rocket launcher is ridiculously overpowered though. As mentioned in useless at the game but the amount of kills I got because of it...

Anyway... In Australia so playing oceanic servers so unfortunately can't be useless with some Irish :(

Taking an educated guess on which is best gun/scope/etc... Looked to me like the AK5C was the best first weapon to get in the game. I only changed it for the Ace-52-CQB or whatever it's called yesterday... Opinions would be appreciated on what I should change to improve!

Also my skill was at 236 when I turned it on earlier today and dropped by 30 points by the time I finished. Have no clue how it works... Guess I should be repairing vehicles or something as an engineer and not shooting full auto constantly and having crap accuracy?

Advertisement