Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Payment

Options
  • 14-06-2010 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭

Bought cinema tickets online 7 weeks ago, used the credit card in the cinema when I picked up the tickets. I still haven't been charged. Have used it before and its normally straight away. . . any chance they've forgotten?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Bought cinema tickets online 7 weeks ago, used the credit card in the cinema when I picked up the tickets. I still haven't been charged. Have used it before and its normally straight away. . . any chance they've forgotten?

Bought tickets once (in the old Virgin Cinema) and was charged 6 months later...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Thanks - I've almost cleared the balance and was hoping to close the account. What would happen if they tried to take the money and the card was canceled?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The bank is obliged to honour the transaction, as it was authorised before the card was cancelled. As such they'll make you pay for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Thanks - I've almost cleared the balance and was hoping to close the account. What would happen if they tried to take the money and the card was canceled?

If you close the account, and the transaction is presented later, then they will send you a statement and ask you to settle it..

Advertisement