Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bass Fishing Courtown

Options
  • 01-09-2012 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi am just getting into Bass fishing was wondering when and where to fish in Courtown and what are the best lures to use ..............thank for any info:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭marinabannon

I guess no one goes bass fishing around Courtown very sad............

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭oldat31

Hea mate, I do bass fishing in wexford but never on lure, dont have the time so I do what I know best. I have had bass from a few marks around wexford and one close to courtown...

I am spelling it wrong but you should be able to figure it.... Balnuart, there is big wind turbines there....

Its a great spot for Bass and flounder and im sure you can find a few spots for the lures.......

Have only had the chance once this year to get down but had 2 lovely schoolies in may just before the ban...

There should be nice ones around now. But with you just starting out make sure you read the rules on bass fishing.

Let us know how you get on.

Its spelt ( Balinoulart)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭marinabannon

thanks will check rules now.........

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭oldat31

Il make it easy for yea!...lol

Bass Fishing Conservation S.I. NO. 826 OF 2007

The effect of this Bye-law is to impose a bag limit on anglers of two bass in any one period of 24 hours and to provide for a ban on angling for bass during the spawning season (15th May to the 15th June).
    Bass (Restriction on Sale) Order S.I. No. 367 of 2007

The effect of this Order is to prohibit the sale or offer for sale of bass (other than bass which has been imported into the State) from 1st day of July to 30th day of June.
    Note: Penalties for breach of the above laws include confiscation of tackle and heavy fines.
    S.I. No. 230 of 2006 BASS (CONSERVATION OF STOCKS)

The effect of S.I. No. 230 of 2006 BASS (CONSERVATION OF STOCKS) Regulations (http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2006/en/si/0230.html) is to prohibit fishing for, landing, transhipping or having on board bass by an Irish sea-fishing boat and to prohibit the use of nets.
    These Regulations also prescribe a minimum size of 40 centimetres for bass within the State. The Regulations came into effect from 9 May 2006.

Advertisement