Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need good mechanic today

Options
  • 16-09-2011 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

Anyone know a good mechanic who could look at my car today.

This morning the clutch pedal is sticking to the floor. I can get it back up by pulling it with hand, but it sticks back down straight away when I touch it. There is no longer any spring motion. So can't drive the thing. Could this be something called a Master Cylinder that's gone ? I am trying to get an independent mechanic to look at it today. Is it possible this can be fixed in driveway at home I wonder. Otherwise I will have to get nearest Skoda dealer (Clareview motors) to tow it, who is miles away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

What part of the city are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭v300

ANY mechanic will be able to fix that for you, Flaccus.
    Ring up a mechanic and they will arrange a tow to their place, often only costing €50 for the tow and let them commence the repair process.

A callout fee and having the mechanic driving around the place making multiple trips to your car in your driveway will cost a lot more in time and money in my opinion...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Brendan Butler in Rhebogue, sound fella, does good work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Thanks for the advice lads. My Dad knows a local mechanic who is arriving at 1pm to take a look.

I'm hoping it's just something like the clutch master cylinder or the brakes need to bled. The brakes/clutch share the same fluid and reservoir. At the moment when you touch the clutch pedal it flies down to the floor. Regardless of which position the clutch is in, the gears will change smoothly when engine is off. I've checked for leaks on the floor and under the car. Nothing. Fluid levels look ok too.

Advertisement