Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Late night cafe in Limerick

Options
  • 11-09-2011 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi Guys, Dar here, PR Manager for Lulus Cafe 42 Catherine St. It was mentioned in a previous post that we were now opening for late night hours. I just want to give you the full details and feel a new thread would be more suitable for to get the exposure.

Right so for those of you that dont know, Lulus is based at 42 Catherine St. For those of you who still dont know where it is, its beside Gleesons Spar near the Pery Hotel.

Lulus has been open during the day for the last 15 months. The cafe opens from 8am-5pm during the week. Fantastic Service provided by Ger Sheehan Owner and Manager of the cafe with his fantastic assistants Catherine and Rachel. Between them, they make Lulus a "home away from home"

But its when the sun goes down that the fun really kicks in. Lulus opens from 10pm-4am during the week. We serve late night fry-ups, sandwiches, paninis, toasties, burgers, chips. Dont forget our award winning coffee and gorgeous hot chocolate.

We will be starting our open Mic Nights, late night Karaoke sessions and Jazz music sessions. If you have any ideas on what you would like to see happen in the cafe or want to book our private function room upstairs be sure to let us know. Contact <snip>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I think you are meant to ask permission before posting just in case you havent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

ahh a late night cafe. Have not seen one in Limerick that I liked since Javas was doing the late night thing years ago.

Will give ths one a try at some point to see how it compares.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

Sounds awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheEntertainer

Mc Love wrote: »
    I think you are meant to ask permission before posting just in case you havent :)

Permission?? Who am I meant to ask? Had no idea

Cos its a business, the Mods, Insect Overlord, the drifter, Clareman

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Welcome to the forum!
    Permission?? Who am I meant to ask? Had no idea

Queries regarding advertising should be directed to info@distilledmedia.ie
    Official Rep accounts can be arranged via reps@boards.ie

You should always contact a moderator before posting if you're not sure about something. The mods for this forum are me (Insect Overlord), the drifter and Clareman. You'll find our names and links to our accounts at the bottom of the Limerick City forum home-page.

The usual protocol is to ban accounts set up just to advertise a business, so I hope you'll make use of this forum for regular discussion and not just to talk about your café.

I've removed the e-mail address from your first post. I'll leave this thread open for now if you want to answer queries from interested posters here.

Oh ya thats no hass. Apologies for that. No Iv been meaning to set up an account for ages. I appreciate leaving the post open. Its more to try and make people aware that there is a cafe open at night and I understand that you hold get togethers for boards members from what Iv been told so would defo love to do something for ye there. But Im surprised I havent come here before. But my bad on the permission, il remember in future and will defo be joining in on posts a lot more. Cool Forum :)

Cool forum...he has won our hearts already :)

Cool forum...he has won our hearts already :)

Wow someone is very easily pleased lol

Wow someone is very easily pleased lol

Will be more pleased when I try the burger and chip at 3am in the morning! How will ye handle drunks, if you dont mind me asking?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Will be more pleased when I try the burger and chip at 3am in the morning! How will ye handle drunks, if you dont mind me asking?

Good question. I would also like to know how you are going to keep the anti social behaviour away from the roads. If you are doign late night fry ups then expect allot of drunk people looking for there fix :P

Oh ya thats no hass. Apologies for that. No Iv been meaning to set up an account for ages. I appreciate leaving the post open. Its more to try and make people aware that there is a cafe open at night and I understand that you hold get togethers for boards members from what Iv been told so would defo love to do something for ye there. But Im surprised I havent come here before. But my bad on the permission, il remember in future and will defo be joining in on posts a lot more. Cool Forum :)

Better keep me sweet though. I am just biding my time before I stage a bloody coup in here and take over with Raiser as my jester wonderful second in command.. ;):pac:

IO already has a pic of how he is going to look after the coup as his av. :D

Would also be good for those of us on the night shift! Fry up at 3am in the morning for "lunch" :)

Would also be good for those of us on the night shift! Fry up at 3am in the morning for "lunch" :)

Now I'm peckish again.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Kess73 wrote: »
    Better keep me sweet though. I am just biding my time before I stage a bloody coup in here and take over with Raiser as my jester wonderful second in command.. ;):pac:

IO already has a pic of how he is going to look after the coup as his av. :D

*cough*

also...do ye do take away coffes...ill be stopping right outside yer door in about two hours :P

*cough*

also...do ye do take away coffes...ill be stopping right outside yer door in about two hours :P

Something in your throat old boy? Sounds a nasty cough :D

No point stopping outside my door for coffe, better try Lulus instead. :p:pac:

*Don't worry, you will be safe during the coup, after all your username keeps putting the song into my head.:)

Limericks wrote: »
    Good question. I would also like to know how you are going to keep the anti social behaviour away from the roads. If you are doign late night fry ups then expect allot of drunk people looking for there fix :P

Well the door is on an electronic lock and you must be buzzed in and naturally if you are too drunk etc its up to management if you are allowed in. If its a case that we need security staff on we will do that but for the first 3 weeks or so, we anticipate that it will be mainly Thursday Friday and Sat it will be busier :) Most people should be ok. Its in a quieter area of town and is a good bit up so you might find some of the legless drunks wont even make it across O Connell St let alone make it to the top of Catherine st. haha

*cough*

Unfortunately we dont open on Sundays cos there is no market on a sunday night there. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Unfortunately we dont open on Sundays cos there is no market on a sunday night there. :(

well thats just.....the cheek!...

na i understand :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

good to know. I just hope the nacks can be kept away. I was only moaning recently that I couldn't find anywhere after 6 to get a coffee in town, bar going to a pub, but a late night coffee shop sounds like a great idea. Shades of Javas............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

I am definitely liking the sound of this. Especially as it's within stumbling distance from Costies :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I'm out of Limerick atm but maybe hold movie nights where ye show films etc?

Hope it works out for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

The stragglers from Bentleys & Issacs who usually ended up drinking sugared water and dodgy pints in the old Shreks' late stop should be happy with this news. Also the crowd from Bakers and Wicked chicken, so all shapes, styles and ages glugging coffee 'til 4. Could be fun!

Anyways, good luck with it. Nice to see a bit of life back in that area. Looks terrible around there since The Des closed years ago.

Still think you'll need a bouncer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

Sounds really good alright. Have to remember to think about something other than a kebab at 3am!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

A sound bouncer will be needed, initially anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

A sound bouncer will be needed, initially anyway.

A sound bouncer? Like hopping airwaves off the ground?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Vanolder wrote: »
    A sound bouncer? Like hopping airwaves off the ground?
    Boom right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭black & white

Best of luck with it, I've been in a few times during the day and the food is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭showgirlrita

Came across this on Living Social & thought of this thread :D

http://livingsocial.com/deals/104859-cafe-lunch-for-two-with-hot-or-soft-drink-each

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

sounds great dar :)

Advertisement