Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many kids do you want to have?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Just one or two.

They must be small enough to get into the crawl space as well and lay out the rat traps. Their little hands would also be quite good at needlework, and children learn fast so teaching them shouldn't take up too much time.

For heavy-duty tasks I'd rather have adult slaves, though they do cost a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,323 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

People who want to have children and people who should have children are two large groups with a small overlap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

None, I've accepted my genes aren't desirable enough to want to be able to procreate so its best to not to pass them on.

That's the spirit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

kowloon wrote: »
    People who want to have children and people who should have children are two large groups with a small overlap.

I don't have to have them. But IF I have them and that's BIG BIG BIG IF then I have to be in the right situation and be able to do it well with the right person. You are connected to that person for the rest of your life. And so are they. They deserve a good mom/dad.

I don't have to have them at all to be happy. But if I do have them then I have to do it right to be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Honey Monster

None. Because kids are ****s.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

In b4 I'm 21 and I never ever ever want to have kids because I hate them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Ahh, vast majority of the answers on here will be none. But such is the average boards.ie demographic (18 to 30)
    I'm late 20s now and I know I will have kids in the future. But ask me that at 22 and I would have been like "I NEVER WANT KIDS!"

That's got at least an undertone of patronising-ness.

You can very well know your own thoughts on this like that at that age. I've not wanted to have kids since around 18-20, and now, just before my 31st birthday, I still don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,338 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

If I meet someone who wants them maybe 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I'd start with just the one. If I've managed to keep it alive and happy for the first 5 years of its' life I'd consider a second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Ahh, vast majority of the answers on here will be none. But such is the average boards.ie demographic (18 to 30)
    I'm late 20s now and I know I will have kids in the future. But ask me that at 22 and I would have been like "I NEVER WANT KIDS!"

I would have said 'none' in my twenties too. I'll be 41 in a month. Answer is the same. None. Never. No thanks.

Check back for the 'how old are you' poll from last year, btw. It was in AH. The average age of the demographic was older, iirc. I was surprised too. We're not immature. We just post that way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I'd like to have a boy and name him sue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

TheTorment wrote: »
    Zero for me too.

We decided upon no kids a long time ago, neither of us were interested.

The faces of horror on some people when we tell them that we are not having any....you'd think we'd murdered children and we just owned up.

We still get asked/told, after the look of shock "are you sure?..nah, you can't be sure, you'll see, your mind will change"

=.=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

The last thing the world needs right now is more kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

jamesbere wrote: »
    I'd like to have a boy and name him sue.

Nate.

If he's a boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭Wompa1

One or Two. Depending on timing. Want to have a solid financial base before I have any.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Reading this thread it doesn't seem as though AH is going to regenerate!

Who will create and squabble in the dole , Traveller, gender war and masturbation threads of the future???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I want zero but I have one. Am I a baaaad person?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I have one step-son now and I'd like to have one or two biological children.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

None.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

The last thing the world needs right now is more kids.

A world without children! Future generations will thank us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Th!ng

One more newborn is all I need to make a litre of baby oil.

Clearly there is a need for zero on this poll, seems to be the most popular among posters.
    I couldn't vote because zero isn't there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

keith16 wrote: »
    A world without children! Future generations will thank us!

The rest of the animal kingdom most certainly will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

I have one and I'm sticking with that! NEVER AGAIN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Gongoozler wrote: »
    That's got at least an undertone of patronising-ness.

You can very well know your own thoughts on this like that at that age. I've not wanted to have kids since around 18-20, and now, just before my 31st birthday, I still don't.

Yep, totally agree with this. I mentioned in a different thread a while ago that I was about 7 or 8 when I said I didn't want to be a mother. I'm almost 29 and my feelings haven't changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

Yep, totally agree with this. I mentioned in a different thread a while ago that I was about 7 or 8 when I said I didn't want to be a mother. I'm almost 29 and my feelings haven't changed.

I can beat that..

as a toddler, I ran from other toddlers!
    I hated baby dolls.

and I grew up squimish around young children&babies.

I don't know when I first associated "baby" with "mother", but I know I never wanted to be around them. That hasnt changed. :o

edit: as a teen, I found it extremely offensive that people would tell me "ah you just don't know". "all teens say that" "you'll change", like feck off, I think I know if I like kids or not!
    Now I just shake my head at people who genuinely can't fathom someone not wanting a child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

I'm mid twenties. If I had the money I'd have one now. But I don't so it could be a while. I wouldn't bring a child into the world without full financial stability to pay for minders and all that stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I want 0. I'm afraid that they could end up being absolute *****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I don't want any kids.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

deadybai wrote: »
    Im a guy and I'd like 5

Okay, that will be forty five pounds, please.

Advertisement