Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Politicians jumping the shark

• 27-11-2014 11:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,314 ✭✭✭✭

For those that don't know, jumping the shark refers to a bit in a tv show or film that is so unbelievable that the audience lose the ability to enjoy the show. It's usually the point where the show has run out of gimmicks and starts to decline.

I thought of it when i read this
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/26/lord-christopher-monckton-gay-issues-_n_6226282.html
    Gays have "an average of 500-1,000," and as many as 20,000, sexual partners in their lifetime, according to a conservative pundit.

Lord Christopher Monckton, who served as a "Special Advisor" to former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher and has been an outspoken skeptic of climate change, made the claims in a column for WorldNet Daily earlier this week.

is there a point where politicians become parody's of themselves in an effort to get publicity? Or are these people bat**** crazy to start with but no-one notices at first?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I'd pay to watch a politician jump a shark.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Grayson wrote: »
    For those that don't know, jumping the shark refers to a bit in a tv show or film that is so unbelievable that the audience lose the ability to enjoy the show. It's usually the point where the show has run out of gimmicks and starts to decline.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/26/lord-christopher-monckton-gay-issues-_n_6226282.html

is there a point where politicians become parody's of themselves in an effort to get publicity? Or are these people bat**** crazy to start with but no-one notices at first?

Did you not see Bertie "bags of cash" ahern crouched in a closet writing for a rag a few years back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,314 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Did you not see Bertie "bags of cash" ahern crouched in a closet writing for a rag a few years back?

I still can't believe that his excuse was "I didn't have a bank account". He was the minister for finance for fcuks sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Hoop66

I still can't believe that his excuse was "I didn't have a bank account". He was the minister for finance for fcuks sake.

Ah, yes, you see...there's a reason for that.

He is a liar and a thief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

20000 .... what a load of cock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Genghis Khan wouldn't have managed 20,000 sexual partners in his lifetime for Christ's sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Gays have "an average of 500-1,000," and as many as 20,000, sexual partners in their lifetime, according to a conservative pundit.

How the flip would you find time to have 20,000 sexual partners? You'd have to do nothing but shag from dawn till dusk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

It is doable over thirty years or more, but you'd have a mickey on you like an overheated HSS drill-bit. :pac:

jimgoose wrote: »
    It is doable over thirty years or more, but you'd have a mickey on you like an overheated HSS drill-bit. :pac:

That's still 666(coincidence?) partners a year, or two a day, every day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

kylith wrote: »
    How the flip would you find time to have 20,000 sexual partners? You'd have to do nothing but shag from dawn till dusk!

Well let's say you become sexually active at 18 and have sex everyday. It will take you nearly 55 years to get to 20,000.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

guys, yous are forgetting about the gays and all their orgies. A straight person might only have one person a night, a homosexual will have upwards of twenty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Did ye not know that gay people want to ride everything in sight? In fact, once you support gay marriage, you automatically become gay and thus, adding to the pool of ridable people. Best to just avoid gay people altogether, as that 20,000 will only increase as more and more people catch this disease that makes them into sexually unquenchable people.*

*The saddest part is that people will believe it...

jamesbere wrote: »
    Well let's say you become sexually active at 18 and have sex everyday. It will take you nearly 55 years to get to 20,000.

You really have to hand it to someone who'd be that dedicated to shagging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

Once the start contributing to world net daily, they've already gone way past that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Lord Christopher Monckton, who served as a "Special Advisor" to former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher and has been an outspoken skeptic of climate change, made the claims in a column for WorldNet Daily earlier this week.

There's your problem. WorldNetDaily is Fox News (when the "War on Christmas" is concerned) on meth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭DeadHand

guys, yous are forgetting about the gays and all their orgies. A straight person might only have one person a night, a homosexual will have upwards of twenty.

Sweet Jesus....

Upwards of twenty?

I joined the wrong team...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I love Christian Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

DeadHand wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus....

Upwards of twenty?

I joined the wrong team...

You never been to the Toilets in a Gay Bar ?

It's like American Grizzly combined with a Sauna Wrestling Match

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Premature ejaculation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

You really have to hand it to someone who'd be that dedicated to shagging.

I wouldn't hand them anything. Youdprobably get a dose of something just being in the same room. :-)

• Advertisement

I wouldn't hand them anything. Youdprobably get a dose of something just being in the same room. :-)

Well, they need someone to hand them things, they're too busy with the riding to get things themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

• Neil Kinnock - "Ya'll right!" at the 1992 Labour Party Conference.
    • Moan Brutal - Commenting about the expensive phones used by protesters.
    • Pee Flynn - Late Late Show appearance 1999
    • Bertie Ahern - Comment made in 2007 just before the economic crash about economic nay-sayers that they should go hang themselves
    • David Steel - "Go back to your constituencies, and prepare for government!" (1981)
    • Brian Lennihan snr - "On mature recollection..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Sure that has nothing to do with anything......

He won it on the horses!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Hoop66

• Neil Kinnock - "Ya'll right!" at the 1992 Labour Party Conference.
    • Moan Brutal - Commenting about the expensive phones used by protesters.
    • Pee Flynn - Late Late Show appearance 1999
    • Bertie Ahern - Comment made in 2007 just before the economic crash about economic nay-sayers that they should go hang themselves
    • David Steel - "Go back to your constituencies, and prepare for government!" (1981)
    • Brian Lennihan snr - "On mature recollection..."

Kinnock's was "Well alright!" - Christ I still cringe to think of it. To think I was working, unpaid, for the Labour party at the time.

Advertisement