Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anker 40w 5 port USB charger with PowerIQ Technology - Amazon*£15.99*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

bromley52 wrote: »
    I saw this on HUKD

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Family-Sized-Desktop-Charger-Technology-External-White/dp/B00EJA28ES

£4 off code - 7UKJ954R to get £15.99 price

Thanks for that, had it in my basket the last few weeks.. just ordered it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭long_b

Cheers OP.
    Have the model before this and use it daily.
    This is a good upgrade because every port can supply 2A

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I have this and it is a great charger. Brilliant for holidays as you don't have to bring a load of chargers / adapters.

I can recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,060 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

is this 50w one a bit cheaper
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LTQGPLM?psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Shipping is £6.60, parcel motel will be €4 and more convenient.

I'm tempted but not worth it when my phone uses a 4.5A proprietary charger.

• Advertisement

I picked these up along with it and got the free shipping... needed a few new cables and these get great reviews..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Have an anker. not this model but i would very highly recommend the brand. Also the quality of the usb cable is important if you want to get the most out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Have an anker. not this model but i would very highly recommend the brand. Also the quality of the usb cable is important if you want to get the most out of it!
    Agreed. Anker makes quality stuff. Their screen protectors ( particularly Ipad & Iphone )are among the best I've ever used.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

unklerosco wrote: »
    I picked these up along with it and got the free shipping... needed a few new cables and these get great reviews..

Just so you know, you will get just under 1A when using these cables, They aren't thick enough inside to do anything more.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Kencollins wrote: »
    Just so you know, you will get just under 1A when using these cables, They aren't thick enough inside to do anything more.
    Any alternative suggestions?

• Advertisement

Any alternative suggestions?

Ditto to that, didn't realise that when ordering them.. although to be honest I charge everything overnight so fast charging isn't a big deal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Sorry but why would you need this as opposed to your normal charger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

You can charge multiple things at once with the one charger. It's just handy if you have a lot of devices and a busy house. Handy on holidays too.

Also not all chargers output the same amps.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

I purchased 5 of these to go with the charger, they seem to be of the same quality as the oneplus one cable and would make for a tidy set up. Being shorter than the average cable should allow for greater current and hopefully carry the full 2 amps.

http://www.dx.com/p/mini-usb-to-micro-usb-data-charging-cable-orange-white-238393#.VDxSivldV5Y

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

Thanks OP, good find. Ordered one this evening.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

My order was delivered today - thanks OP!

A nice piece of kit, and a lot smaller than I expected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I got these to go with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I'm going to Germany on holiday in November so this plus a European adaptor from Dealz and I think I'm sorted.

Thanks OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I'm going to Germany on holiday in November so this plus a European adaptor from Dealz and I think I'm sorted.

Thanks OP.

You might even find a figure8 lead with a two pin plug before your trip, many electric shavers have them or radio/stereos some laptop chargers etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭try

Thanks OP.

Cheaper here (including EU plug) and have delivered to your accommodation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

try wrote: »
    Cheaper here (including EU plug) and have delivered to your accommodation.
    foggy_lad wrote: »
    You might even find a figure8 lead with a two pin plug before your trip, many electric shavers have them or radio/stereos some laptop chargers etc

Cheers for your help both of you.

I think I'm going to go with the Dealz route and maybe scour the house for a Figure of 8 lead!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭eoin1539

Thanks for this :) I was just looking at this the other day and was contemplating buying it.

Arreol wrote: »
    2. current large, usb output is 5V/10A, each port can reach about 1.7A,...

That seems low. The Anker can give 2.4a per port. some tablets need about 2.1 to charge. New iPads come with a 2.4a charger.

So are you saying CHOETECH one doesn't work well with tablets?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I'm a fan of Anker gear. I use a mouse daily and also have a 13000mah power pack that will charge my Moto G up to 5 times between charges. Good quality stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ablelocks

£15.99 with code which is BFDEALS1

Arreol wrote: »
    Anker is good, but i would like to recommend another brand... [Mod snip]

Nice bit of advertising, hope u get good commission...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

unklerosco wrote: »
    Nice bit of advertising, hope u get good commission...

And its his first post too, how convenient :rolleyes:

I bought one of these (the Anker One) a few weeks ago, and for the price i would completely recommend it.

They charge all my devices at a decent speed, my iPad charges slightly slower than it would on the stock charger, but my iPad takes forever to charge anyway (3rd gen)

The charger itself is quite small and has never gotten hot to touch, the best thing about it is the cables are quite long so i can charge 5 devices from across the room

Advertisement