Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposing of Clients Records

Options
  • 10-09-2014 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

I need some advice. I came across a situation where someone I know who says that he's an accountant (although his name doesn't come up when you do a search against the ACCA/CIMA members database etc) is disposing of the records of customers belonging to his former employer who is no longer in business and his own clients (tax records, receipts, payroll details, PPS numbers, bank a/c numbers etc) in a domestic green bin without bothering to shred any of the documents. Who do I need to contact about this individual?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

If he unusual not regulated by any if the institutes then hard to know who the get in touch with. Is there a data protection office? What about the clients directly?

I need some advice. I came across a situation where someone I know who says that he's an accountant (although his name doesn't come up when you do a search against the ACCA/CIMA members database etc) is disposing of the records of customers belonging to his former employer who is no longer in business and his own clients (tax records, receipts, payroll details, PPS numbers, bank a/c numbers etc) in a domestic green bin without bothering to shred any of the documents. Who do I need to contact about this individual?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭d9oiu2wk07blr5

viztopia wrote: »
    If he unusual not regulated by any if the institutes then hard to know who the get in touch with. Is there a data protection office? What about the clients directly?

Thanks for replying. It's a problem, because if he's not registered, he's not accountable to anyone. Aside from data protection, this individual is putting people at serious risk of identity theft/fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 All_Ears

If you contact the Data Protection Commissioners Office they should be able to help you :
    Office of the Data Protection Commissioner. Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois, Ireland.
    Phone 00353 57 868 4800

Advertisement