Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golden numbers.....

Options
  • 01-10-2012 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭

How does one go about getting one? I know if I rang up and told them I owned coca cola they would be sure to help but for the ordinary Joe, how do you get one? Maybe not even a golden number but one pretty close!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Queerdub

JG009 wrote: »
    How does one go about getting one? I know if I rang up and told them I owned coca cola they would be sure to help but for the ordinary Joe, how do you get one? Maybe not even a golden number but one pretty close!?

Why do you care? Save your energy for something worth caring about!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭✭fits

what is a golden number???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Queerdub wrote: »
    Why do you care? Save your enery for something worth caring about!

Thanks for your help.

fits wrote: »
    what is a golden number???

like 0850000000.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭✭fits

oh. each to their own I suppose...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I don't presume big companies just get it like that. They more than likely have to pay big money for a good number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

I have one :-)

Got it years ago.

I would suggest calling customer service of your provider and asking.

Be really nice to them.

Maybe you are starting a new business and would really really love a good catchy number ;-)

They might charge for them now though.

Begging and pleading might also work.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

I have 3 of them,to match my business name and my free phone number.
    Unfortunately,all networks stopped doing that recently,possible 1 year ago.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I wonder is that possibly for a, erm, pirate somethingorother? ;)
    Hence the desire for the Golden Number.

Best thing is to pop to a large high street shop. For example, you can get a SIM with number ending 943, like 94.3fm or the like. Ask nicely to see their sims.

Go early, when not busy, and be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭UTCGMT01

Best thing is to pop to a large high street shop. For example, you can get a SIM with number ending 943, like 94.3fm or the like. Ask nicely to see their sims.

i have a few very good numbers, at this stage, and i am always being asked would i sell one , which is annoying, as i dont plan on selling any,
    most business suppliers have lists of numbers that they can let you look through, but my most recent ones i just rang operator, and asked was number available, and was told yes, and got sim posted out with number, however i spend a good few €€€ each month on mobile bills.

• Advertisement

Nope, I do know someone who got one for that before though. 02 were more than happy to help!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭wba88

PM'ed OP

I have a few good ones that I'm selling

Advertisement