Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wedding venue in the area

Options
  • 24-10-2014 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    We're looking for a wedding venue in the local area. anywhere in louth or close to louth (within 30 or so mins of Dundalk). We're looking at a low budget so we're trying to think outside the box a little. (i.e. any large function type spaces that might suit as wedding venues)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

What used to be the Bellingham Castle Hotel has recently been extensively renovated and opened as a wedding venue.

http://www.bellinghamcastlehotel.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Hardly low budget though.

Maybe OP would give their definition of Low Budget because it means different things to different people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Hardly low budget though.

Maybe OP would give their definition of Low Budget because it means different things to different people.

Our low budget unfortunately doesn't stretch quite as far as Castle Bellingham. (from €85pp for reception)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

What's your ballpark budget p/p?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭gipi

A cousin of mine held her reception in The Glyde Inn, Annagassan. The restaurant can cater for up to 100 guests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,577 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Use outside caterers and The Clan Na Gael function room in Dundalk. Grand venue. Cost a third of what a hotel wedding would cost.

kbell wrote: »
    What's your ballpark budget p/p?

All in we're aiming for less than €35 pp. There are plenty of wedding venues doing an awful lot for 25pp so we can get it done but we just want to explore all options

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭HAMMERCURRENT

http://theriverbank.ie/index.html

Not sure on pricing, but maybe worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

bigneacy wrote: »
    Our low budget unfortunately doesn't stretch quite as far as Castle Bellingham. (from €85pp for reception)
    a minimum number of 150 at 85 each is €12,750 plus you have to book out all 19 bedrooms at 150per room is another €2,870. Big Neacy, you should treat your friends as this looks like a bargain:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

I was at a wedding earlier this year in the O'Connells clubhouse in Castlebellingham. Outside caterers came in and it's a fantastic venue.

• Advertisement

Peter File wrote: »
    a minimum number of 150 at 85 each is €12,750 plus you have to book out all 19 bedrooms at 150per room is another €2,870. Big Neacy, you should treat your friends as this looks like a bargain:eek::eek:

Wow. At €15,000 before we even buy anything else we'd be stupid not to. You know what they say - you have to speculate to accumulate. Better off getting our foot on the wedding ladder now.

I was at a wedding earlier this year in the O'Connells clubhouse in Castlebellingham. Outside caterers came in and it's a fantastic venue.

Will defo check it out thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Bosh wrote: »

I was at a wedding at the marina there a few years back but it was far from inexpensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

Two different places. :)

Sailing Club is on Ghan Rd (turn right opposite 4 Seasons entering village)

Marina is on the Omeath side of the village

HTH

I was at a wedding at the marina there a few years back but it was far from inexpensive.

I was thinklng that Marlee Happy Laptop. I'll defo check out the sailing club tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 M.A.G

The oriel centre is pretty impressive.Get your outside catering in and you'd save a small fortune.
    Are you having a big wedding?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Barmeath Castle,

I was at a wedding there in June, great location, you just rent location, get own caterers etc.

Advertisement