Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scientology according to Tom Cruise

Options
  • 15-01-2008 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭

Apparently this is the video that they tried to ban which shows tom basically talking random nonsense.

I still haven't got a clue what these scientologists are or claim to be,have a look.

http://gawker.com/5002269/the-cruise-indoctrination-video-scientology-tried-to-suppress

"When you're a Scientologist, and you drive by an accident, you know you have to do something about it, because you know you're the only one who can really help"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

http://www.celebitchy.com/8638/the_tom_cruise_scientology_video/

Yes, good lad Tom. You're a real life hero.

(The ramblings of a mad man) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Im with you there Madds.

100%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Those guys are freaks! They wont stop bothering me because I nearly took one of their tests one day until I realised who they were...!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Creepy. Seriously, seriously creepy!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Scientologists are cool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭farva

I just watched the video, that man is a lunatic...

I wonder if he genuinely believes all that sh1te he was spouting?!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

He's good, but he's no bowl of Special K!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭csk

Tom Cruise is crazy.

That is all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

tbh it only makes him more adorable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

That video is after making me jump up and down on my couch!

• Advertisement

Ruu wrote: »
    That video is after making me jump up and down on my couch!

You seriously need to get out more! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

"I won't hesitate to put ethics on someone else..."

Now there's a ma who emans business.

Also wtf is ksw?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

sweet baby jesus i can't believe he is the dude who was once on top gun and the mission impossible films. what the hell did nicole kidman, pen cruz and katie holmes see in this gimp.

bloody hell what is he actually talking about. who does he think he is bono? was he on drugs when that clip was on. he did not even really say anything

weirdo

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Video in link doesn't work?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Jesus!

I tend to take all the media reports about Tom Cruise with a pinch of salt but having seen this...........THE GUY IS NUTS!!!

I have never seen anyone speak so much for nine minutes and not actually say anything whatsoever!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

That wank3r talks some amount of $hite!

Wow... Just... wow.

Edit: Double post because Boards is all Keeerazzzy-like.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

How can you not believe? Aliens naturally would come to earth in ships that looked like DC-8's. Although, I often wonder why they ddn't just pack them in to a nice Airbus A380 for efficiency's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

ah the vid won't play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

The vid is available here (good ol' gawker.com made a copy of it cos it was pretty clear that it was going to be taken down v quickly).

US Magazine also has a transcript of it here.

What. A. Weirdo.

They got Maddie.

Please, somone think of the kids.

This maddness must stop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

sweet baby jesus i can't believe he is the dude who was once on top gun and the mission impossible films. what the hell did nicole kidman, pen cruz and katie holmes see in this gimp.

Feeble minded idiots who were/are brainwashed IMO.

If you read the wikipedia stuff on the founder you really can't help but think that it's all a big social experiment to gather those who are lacking any common sense together under one title.

He wrote sci-fi and then came up with a religion who's beliefs are right out of a sci-fi.
    Pathological liar and con-man.
    No ethical problems with kidnapping.
    Considering "fair game" & "ENEMY", I'd say he was rather lacking in any ethics what-so-ever.

And then to top it off:
    "I’d like to start a religion. That’s where the money is."
    http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/L._Ron_Hubbard

I mean, how stupid do you have to be?:confused:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Ron_Hubbard

Sorry... but that people could be THAT stupid just baffles me...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

what the hell did nicole kidman, pen cruz and katie holmes see in this gimp.
    Money.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

ironing.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

The way he talks about Scientology being able to unit cultures etc. sounds a bit like the invaders Nicole Kidman battles against in "The Invasion". And she used to be married to Tom Cruise!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Mizu_Ger wrote: »
    The way he talks about Scientology being able to unit cultures etc. sounds a bit like the invaders Nicole Kidman battles against in "The Invasion". And she used to be married to Tom Cruise!
    Lol

According to the BBC, the video is four years old. Lol @ the BBC's very wry look at some of his quotes:
    Cruise said he wished "the world was a different place" and that he would "like to go on vacation and go and play".

"That's what I want to be and there's times I'd like to do that but I can't because I know. I know."

He said Scientologists had no time for "spectatorism" but instead had "a responsibly to educate and create the new reality".

"You are either in or you're out," he said.

He added: "We have that responsibly to say, 'Hey, this is the way it should be done because we do it this way and people are actually getting better and let's get it done'.

"Let's really get it done - let's have enough love and compassion and toughness that we're going to do it and do it right."

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

My favourite quote is when he declares that he is the only person who can help at the scene of an accident. Scientology is clearly aiming to corner the medical market as well as the religious one...

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

seamus wrote: »
    My favourite quote is when he declares that he is the only person who can help at the scene of an accident. Scientology is clearly aiming to corner the medical market as well as the religious one...

This was my favorite line too. If i was in a crash i would definitely prefer help from Tom Cruise than a paramedic!

What did he even mean by saying that? Plus if scientologists could unite cultures maybe they should set up shop i mean church in the middle east.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Tom Cruise is gonna save us all!

He's one step short of declaring himself Jesus, let's nail him to a two-by-four and see what happens!

Advertisement