Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scientology according to Tom Cruise

• 15-01-2008 9:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭

Apparently this is the video that they tried to ban which shows tom basically talking random nonsense.

I still haven't got a clue what these scientologists are or claim to be,have a look.

http://gawker.com/5002269/the-cruise-indoctrination-video-scientology-tried-to-suppress

"When you're a Scientologist, and you drive by an accident, you know you have to do something about it, because you know you're the only one who can really help"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

http://www.celebitchy.com/8638/the_tom_cruise_scientology_video/

Yes, good lad Tom. You're a real life hero.

(The ramblings of a mad man) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Im with you there Madds.

100%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Those guys are freaks! They wont stop bothering me because I nearly took one of their tests one day until I realised who they were...!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Creepy. Seriously, seriously creepy!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Scientologists are cool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭farva

I just watched the video, that man is a lunatic...

I wonder if he genuinely believes all that sh1te he was spouting?!?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

He's good, but he's no bowl of Special K!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭csk

Tom Cruise is crazy.

That is all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

tbh it only makes him more adorable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

That video is after making me jump up and down on my couch!

• Advertisement

Ruu wrote: »
    That video is after making me jump up and down on my couch!

You seriously need to get out more! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

"I won't hesitate to put ethics on someone else..."

Now there's a ma who emans business.

Also wtf is ksw?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

sweet baby jesus i can't believe he is the dude who was once on top gun and the mission impossible films. what the hell did nicole kidman, pen cruz and katie holmes see in this gimp.

bloody hell what is he actually talking about. who does he think he is bono? was he on drugs when that clip was on. he did not even really say anything

weirdo

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Video in link doesn't work?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Jesus!

I tend to take all the media reports about Tom Cruise with a pinch of salt but having seen this...........THE GUY IS NUTS!!!

I have never seen anyone speak so much for nine minutes and not actually say anything whatsoever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

That wank3r talks some amount of $hite!

Wow... Just... wow.

Edit: Double post because Boards is all Keeerazzzy-like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

How can you not believe? Aliens naturally would come to earth in ships that looked like DC-8's. Although, I often wonder why they ddn't just pack them in to a nice Airbus A380 for efficiency's sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

ah the vid won't play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

The vid is available here (good ol' gawker.com made a copy of it cos it was pretty clear that it was going to be taken down v quickly).

US Magazine also has a transcript of it here.

What. A. Weirdo.

They got Maddie.

Please, somone think of the kids.

This maddness must stop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

sweet baby jesus i can't believe he is the dude who was once on top gun and the mission impossible films. what the hell did nicole kidman, pen cruz and katie holmes see in this gimp.

Feeble minded idiots who were/are brainwashed IMO.

If you read the wikipedia stuff on the founder you really can't help but think that it's all a big social experiment to gather those who are lacking any common sense together under one title.

He wrote sci-fi and then came up with a religion who's beliefs are right out of a sci-fi.
    Pathological liar and con-man.
    No ethical problems with kidnapping.
    Considering "fair game" & "ENEMY", I'd say he was rather lacking in any ethics what-so-ever.

And then to top it off:
    "I’d like to start a religion. That’s where the money is."
    http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/L._Ron_Hubbard

I mean, how stupid do you have to be?:confused:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Ron_Hubbard

Sorry... but that people could be THAT stupid just baffles me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

what the hell did nicole kidman, pen cruz and katie holmes see in this gimp.
    Money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

ironing.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

The way he talks about Scientology being able to unit cultures etc. sounds a bit like the invaders Nicole Kidman battles against in "The Invasion". And she used to be married to Tom Cruise!

Mizu_Ger wrote: »
    The way he talks about Scientology being able to unit cultures etc. sounds a bit like the invaders Nicole Kidman battles against in "The Invasion". And she used to be married to Tom Cruise!
    Lol

According to the BBC, the video is four years old. Lol @ the BBC's very wry look at some of his quotes:
    Cruise said he wished "the world was a different place" and that he would "like to go on vacation and go and play".

"That's what I want to be and there's times I'd like to do that but I can't because I know. I know."

He said Scientologists had no time for "spectatorism" but instead had "a responsibly to educate and create the new reality".

"You are either in or you're out," he said.

He added: "We have that responsibly to say, 'Hey, this is the way it should be done because we do it this way and people are actually getting better and let's get it done'.

"Let's really get it done - let's have enough love and compassion and toughness that we're going to do it and do it right."

My favourite quote is when he declares that he is the only person who can help at the scene of an accident. Scientology is clearly aiming to corner the medical market as well as the religious one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

seamus wrote: »
    My favourite quote is when he declares that he is the only person who can help at the scene of an accident. Scientology is clearly aiming to corner the medical market as well as the religious one...

This was my favorite line too. If i was in a crash i would definitely prefer help from Tom Cruise than a paramedic!

What did he even mean by saying that? Plus if scientologists could unite cultures maybe they should set up shop i mean church in the middle east.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Tom Cruise is gonna save us all!

He's one step short of declaring himself Jesus, let's nail him to a two-by-four and see what happens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭gd1987

orestes wrote: »
    He's one step short of declaring himself Jesus, let's nail him to a two-by-four and see what happens!

I like your thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

What a nutter!!! "We can rehabilitate criminals"... what I wouldnt pay to see this being done in the Joy.

He sounds a bit mental but tbh he sounds like any other religious zealot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,055 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

some more bits of his speech at some of the cults award ceramony here http://gawker.com/345563/tom-cruise-uncut-the-freedom-medal-award-ceremony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Nightwish wrote: »
    What a nutter!!! "We can rehabilitate criminals"...

But they do, they make the actions of the criminals an actual religious act, afterall scientology regularly uses con-men, kidnappers, thugs for general physical beatings, etc...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Gonna watch it now, he's a strange umpa lumpa though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

orestes wrote: »
    Tom Cruise is gonna save us all!

Ha lets go for it! :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

He's barking mad!! But scary too, and the fact that he has money and influence worries me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

can anyone explain to me in a nutshell what scientology is all about?...

man he does some ranting in that vid..... seriously effed up

jobless wrote: »
    can anyone explain to me in a nutshell what scientology is all about?...

man he does some ranting in that vid..... seriously effed up
    In the 70's, a marginally insane science fiction writer wrote a story which he claimed to be true, saying human souls come from aliens who were tortured by an evil alien overlord and left on earth to die thousands of years ago. These aliens inhabited the bodies of primitive humans, thereby becoming their souls. He claimed that the torture of these aliens created the soul's suffering and unhappiness and is therefore the source of all unhappiness and worry in the world.
    Scientology of course, believes this story and claims that it can help with people's suffering and unhappiness. Provided that people are happy to part with their cash.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_opera_in_Scientology_doctrine

Luckily, most of the modern world has seen that the story is about as "real" as Star Trek or Stargate and they haven't been granted "religion" status in most European countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

ha...and people believe this stuff... my god.... they must have milked Cruise for millions!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭nij

Just goes to show how fragile the human mind really is. $cientology brainwashers simply tell vulnerable people what they want to hear, and give them answers and courses of action to take. It's a pretty sick mind-rape, and many many people have been seriously shat on by this 'church'.

I'm not sure if Tom Cruise will ever snap out of it, because they value his celebrity status and would never do anything to upset him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Jonny Haych

nij wrote: »
    Just goes to show how fragile the human mind really is. $cientology brainwashers simply tell vulnerable people what they want to hear, and give them answers and courses of action to take. It's a pretty sick mind-rape, and many many people have been seriously shat on by this 'church'.

I'm not sure if Tom Cruise will ever snap out of it, because they value his celebrity status and would never do anything to upset him.

That is not necessarliy true, will power is just non existant. Speaking of mind rapists, are the Catholic Church not doing the same frikin thing, are we to believe that "god" created the human race and the world in 6 days, then went n had an aule rest for himself on the 7th, proper Des Kelly style!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭nij

That is not necessarliy true, will power is just non existant.

What isn't necessarily true?

Speaking of mind rapists, are the Catholic Church not doing the same frikin thing, are we to believe that "god" created the human race and the world in 6 days, then went n had an aule rest for himself on the 7th, proper Des Kelly style!?!

Did I say we should believe that?

Threads merged. And stay on topic everyone, this is Celeb and Showbiz, not Scientology versus Catholicism ;)

Out of interest, would this put anyone off going to see a Tom Cruise film? I was never exactly his biggest fan (loved Vanilla Sky but not a lot else) but now, unless it was meant to be brilliant, I probably wouldn't go to see one of his films. He's just too weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Thankfully I never liked him. Even before he was a crackpot.

I seen his video on you tube last night it almost seemed like a threat I also then watched the panorama special and it certainly opened my eyes .. I will be watching some more stuff when I get the time

I had to laugh http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055119265

It would definitlely make me wonder while watching one of his movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 CoolSmileyGuy

After the recent media coverage on Scientology, I've taken some spare time to watch many anti-scientology activists videos as well as documentaries associated with this cult...and its very very worrying at how they operate with their "Fair Game" policy and their bullying tactics towards anyone that may oppose them..not to mention that the entire religion (cult) is built upon proven & documented lies.
    (Who could be so foolish as to be enticed to the likes of this?)

What freaks me out the most is that members of this cult have not just illegally infiltrated US government department (IRS) in the past, but they too pretty much own the police force in their "Scientology Mecca" town of Clearwater in Florida...

Soon they will be enforcing their "Ethics" upon us all, with their gestapo-esque enforcers of their OSA (Office of Special Affairs),and their paramilitary wing "Sea Org" fools.

They have even opened offices here in Dublin...

Due to all of this..I flatly refuse to ever watch another Tom Cruise film again...and I've a big wad of phlegm waiting for any Scientologist that may attempt to coerce me towards their cult.

His association and any other individual in the media eye is so immensley off putting for me.

(Apologies if this is has been offtopic slightly)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I first came across scientoligists back in the 80s in Hollond .I thought they were a bunch of weirdos then and as i do now .The rantings of a Madman and sombody who cant act for ****e. Cruise is a creepy bollox .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

While I do think Scientology is freaky, I would agree with them that the cult of anti-depressants is a lot more worrying than they are. A lot of people do seem to be happy as Scientologists, and the Jesus freaks I see on the street are a lot more mentally ill than the Scientology freaks...

I also don't think Tom Cruise is a bad person. I think he genuinely believes he is doing the right thing.

It's still a freaky cult though, and that L Ron Hubbard guy was clearly a scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 CoolSmileyGuy

Don't you think its a little weird that the members of this cult are not physically or mentally able to see where the origins of this movement originate?

Plus L.Ron was renowned for his one true talent of hypnosis...

Its clear to see that they are all brainwashed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement