Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halfords Advanced Professional 170 Piece 119euro online

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Dozer Dave wrote: »
    It dont bother me at all, i simply wouldn't waste €119 buying that set. Better value out there.

Please post link

• Registered Users Posts: 48 johnmaloney88

The 170 piece is €119 and the 200 piece is €175, is the 200 piece worth the extra €55? I have a trade card too so can get an extra discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

The 170 piece is €119 and the 200 piece is €175, is the 200 piece worth the extra €55? I have a trade card too so can get an extra discount.

The trade card will probably put the price up. Trade price is full price minus the trade discount. So usually when stuff is half price or whatever its already discounted more than the trade card will make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

I think not, for the €55. The 170 piece has pretty much all you will ever need. A few extra deep reach sockets along with extra ratchet spanners is the only significant difference. Have a look at the actual contents and decide if you are likely to need the extra. I went for the 200 piece, but that was at €150.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

Thank you OP.

Much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Used to work for Halfords ten year ago when they started opening stores in Ireland first and the professional tools were top quality and they replaced the parts straight away no problem, I've used all of their proffesional tools over the year and I've the 200 peace tool kit I cant fault it at all its top quality,
    The only thing I'm not a fan of is their electric tools their is better quality and value to be had but as cars as hand tools and if you can get them on special you cant wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Word of warning on this: I just bought the 170 piece set. Came home, opened it up and there's a good few pieces (ratchets, spanners and a few sockets) missing out of the set. As in, they were removed from the box.

Very annoying as the shop is now closed and I have to go back tomorrow and hope they exchange it without thinking that I whipped the pieces out. Check out the contents before leaving the store.

Word of warning on this: I just bought the 170 piece set. Came home, opened it up and there's a good few pieces (ratchets, spanners and a few sockets) missing out of the set. As in, they were removed from the box.

Very annoying as the shop is now closed and I have to go back tomorrow and hope they exchange it without thinking that I whipped the pieces out. Check out the contents before leaving the store.

I bought the 120 piece set a few weeks back, came in sealed outer brown box the the inner box was sealed with cellophane.

This one didn't have an outer brown box, just the sleeve.

Will bring it back tomorrow. They seemed pleasant enough to deal with so hopefully it's a straight swap. Annoying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

This one didn't have an outer brown box, just the sleeve.

Will bring it back tomorrow. They seemed pleasant enough to deal with so hopefully it's a straight swap. Annoying though.

Yep, outer brown box is a given. You'll have no issues once you mention its absence. In fairness, they should have copped that in the store as they sell enough of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

dodzy wrote: »
    Yep, outer brown box is a given. You'll have no issues once you mention its absence. In fairness, they should have copped that in the store as they sell enough of them.

Sounds like it was a set they used to replace warranty parts with, it probably got mixed up with stock but that's what we used to do or else we would have a set for doing the fittings,

jayo26 wrote: »
    Sounds like it was a set they used to replace warranty parts with, it probably got mixed up with stock but that's what we used to do or else we would have a set for doing the fittings,

That's exactly what they told me. No issues with swapping it over though, all very helpful and friendly.

Cheers OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Those Halfords Advanced Professional socket sets are fantastic. I got a 150-piece one in 2009 for €125 and it is the bog's dollocks. Ignore all the above rot about 12-point vs. 6-point, good 12-point sockets and ring-spanners are just dandy and a lot better than Chinese monkey-metal 6-pointers. Having said that I also have a 1/2'' drive Bahco BHS240 set, which I also picked up for a song! :D

jimgoose wrote: »
    Those Halfords Advanced Professional socket sets are fantastic. I got a 150-piece one in 2009 for €125 and it is the bog's dollocks. Ignore all the above rot about 12-point vs. 6-point, good 12-point sockets and ring-spanners are just dandy and a lot better than Chinese monkey-metal 6-pointers. Having said that I also have a 1/2'' drive Bahco BHS240 set, which I also picked up for a song! :D

How did the song go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

meathman0 wrote: »
    How did the song go :D

Outstanding! I got a socket-set worth about £200 for it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

Let me add to this as a halfords employee EVERYTHING in these sets is covered by a lifetime guarantee including the case and rachetS.... all of the tools and cases are stamped halfords advanced so don't worry about losing your receipt.

Worst case we don't have the part in stock but we can order it FOC

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

Can lost parts be ordered and purchased?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

:confused:

Advertisement