Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

R.I.P Andy Kettle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Very very sad news to Dublin and indeed all the gaa world

A great chairman, really everything you want in chairman in led dublin brillianty and looking at football in gavin and hurling cunningham appointment he done brilliant work for dublin gaa

A brilliant brilliant administrator.

May he rest in peace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭billyhead

Was he ill I wonder or was it a sudden death? May he RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Thats terrible news.

Andy seemed like a genuine and passionate Dublin GAA man always. He will be sorely missed. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

billyhead wrote: »

Yes he was ill, was in hospital for a few weeks before .. was re-elected last night too

R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

RIP

Huge influence in where Dublin are now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Scarecrow 2

Met him a few times. A great man. May he rest in peace.

Now there was a real genuine GAA man if ever there was one. No airs or graces or bulls*it, just a genuine supporter. No coincidence that Dublin got their structures spot on under his leadership. Sorely missed and not just in Dublin GAA circles. An example to all sport administrators really. RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

billyhead wrote: »

Prostate cancer. He was responding well to treatment, but he got a dose of pneumonia a few weeks ago and went rapidly downhill from there.

Great, great GAA man and a true Dub to his fingers tips. He had the common touch that a lot of suits in their ivory towers often lack. He will be sorely, sorely missed by many, on a personal level, not just an administrative one. Who ever comes in after him, will have some pretty big boots to fill.

God speed Andy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

The fact that Dublin moved to the top of the GAA ladder under his watch is something that he and his family should be very proud of.

a huge loss to Dublin GAA i am sure, may he rest in peace.

Advertisement