Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Train tickets Dublin to Tralee

• 16-11-2011 10:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Gotta take a train for the first time in almost six years on Friday week and dunno whether to book online now or wait til I get to the station.

Are tickets more expensive at the station than online? Cos online they're bloody €72 and you have the to specify the train.

Whereas if I wait til the day I might be able to get an earlier train and would get the ticket then.

Quad
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,928 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Same price at the booking office for the 5 day return ticket.

To get the cheaper fares online you need to book further in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭DeBrugha

Taking a bus would be cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,491 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The 0700 ex-Dublin is €26+boooking fee single.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,928 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

DeBrugha wrote: »
    Taking a bus would be cheaper

And takes 6 hours including a 50 minute wait at Limerick, while the train takes 2 hours less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I saw some very beautiful sun sets over the bay on the bus but that was it, don't care if it costs twice as much get the train!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

The tax-payer is still subsidising Dublin to Farranfore.

RE 253 is showing at €38 single on that date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

quad_red wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Gotta take a train for the first time in almost six years on Friday week and dunno whether to book online now or wait til I get to the station.

Are tickets more expensive at the station than online? Cos online they're bloody €72 and you have the to specify the train.

Whereas if I wait til the day I might be able to get an earlier train and would get the ticket then.

Quad

If you wait until Saturday to book you should be able to use the O2 treats code published in the bargain alerts thread - it's 15% off. Codes are published Tuesday and Saturday and you must book on those days, but the booking can be for any day.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056159198&page=25

Sign up to be a friend of IE on facebook as sometimes they have discounts through there also.

Do you have an annual taxsaver ticket for Dublin Bus/Luas/Irish Rail? If so, there's a discounted price for having one of them.

No use now but if you'd booked 2 weeks ago you would likely have got a much better deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

20% off code listed in that thread for use today

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75501834&postcount=363

20% OFF RAIL FARES

The Taxsaver team are delighted to offer you and your employees 20% off single and return on-line rail fares. Just use the following voucher code when making your booking. Voucher code "SAVE1288". This discount applies to all bookings, except special offers. To avail of the offer, book on-line at www.irishrail.ie from 2pm on Thursday 17th November to 5pm on Friday 18th November. You can book up to 28 days in advance of travel.

Advertisement